Introducing My Cloud OS 5
Welcome to our fresh new My Cloud NAS software ecosystem featuring our latest security updates for enhanced data privacy, improved stability and reliability, a modern mobile and web app experience, and improved photo/video viewing and sharing capabilities.
My Cloud OS 5 helps you easily back up and organize high volumes of content from multiple computers, smartphones, and tablets on your My Cloud NAS, on your own private network, and without costly subscriptions. Use the mobile or web app to remotely access and share files, photos and videos you save on your My Cloud NAS from anywhere with an Internet connection.
COLLECT YOUR CONTENT IN ONE PLACE
Set up automatic backups to save content from your multiple devices on your private My Cloud NAS. And with your files, photos, and videos organized in one place on your own network, you can easily streamline access to manage your projects and optimize workflows.
The My Cloud OS 5 mobile app makes your content available to your smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection, whether you’re at home or away. Stop lugging around external drives when you travel and simply access your important files with your smartphone or tablet.
EASY SHARING AND COLLABORATION
Easily share content with friends, family, and colleagues, or invite them to access your My Cloud NAS for seamless collaboration. My Cloud OS 5 makes it easy to share high-res photos and videos, a single file, or an entire folder using your smartphone or tablet.
OPTIMIZED MULTI-MEDIA EXPERIENCE
My Cloud OS 5 delivers a beautiful photo and video viewing experience, so you get the most out of your multi-media library.
• Better Photo Viewing and Sharing: Preview RAW and HEIC photos before sending. Create albums to collect and organize photos for projects, special events, or just memories you want to share. Then, you can invite others to view or even add in their own photos.
• Sharper Video Sharing: Share high-quality video with friends, family or clients without compromising on resolution.
• Smooth Streaming: Download the Twonky Server or Plex Media Server to smoothly stream movies and music playlists stored on your My Cloud NAS to your TV, home entertainment system or mobile device.
Key App Features:
- Easily back up and organize high volumes of content from multiple smartphones and tablets on your private My Cloud NAS
- Remotely access all the content saved on your private My Cloud NAS without costly subscriptions
- Share high-res photos and videos, a single file, or an entire folder using your smartphone or tablet
- Create an Album so you can easily share photos and videos with colleagues, clients, or family
- Smoothly stream movies and music playlists stored on your My Cloud NAS to your mobile device
Thank you for using My Cloud OS5! We update the app often to provide the best experience for you. Make sure you have the latest version to take advantage of all the features. This version only includes several bug fixes and performance improvements in the app. If you have any issue, questions, or feedback please visit help.mycloud.com/os5.
Ratings and Reviews
My Cloud OS 5
It is still being developed and seems to be a good app but I believe to maybe be a good app when they get done. I think the best apps were the older ones like My Book, no problems for others to use from anywhere like it was designed to do. The next best one was My Cloud OS 3. The upgrades don’t seem to get better for the user just WD because of the cost involving the need to buy new products (hardware) which puts more into the coffers of the company which looks forward to the haves and not for the elderly and have nots. But that is business and can be inspected. As a user it should be expected and the old addeged is “Buyer beware”
Just a tweak
I’m happy with the app overall but The old app had a progress bar for the downloads which made it easy to track progress would like something similar.
Could you also let the app show a preview of all files not just pictures.
Also, if there is a duplicate file please let the app download it anyway and either rename it or just have the duplicate name. I had downloads where it just stops because it’s sees a duplicate file. Very frustrating.
Accessing Photos Is A Pain!
I have [tried] to upload my iCloud Photo Library as a 2nd back up solution to my NAS using this app. The app itself does look nicer but all this does not help if I cannot view the photos on my other devices properly. I have 20,000+ in my library and all I get is this huge endless list of photos that takes a million years to fetch the images from every time I open the app. Surely there should be a way to cache the thumbnails locally for quicker access? Also it does not seem to upload the folders. Therefore I am stuck with an endless list of photos.
There is also no proper progress bar to tell me how many of my images have been uploaded correctly yet.
I am also getting lots of „oops ... something went wrong!“ messages when I try to look at my photos from a different view
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Western Digital Technologies, Inc.
- 149.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.