ReadKit is a full-featured read later and RSS client that supports all major provider and it has a built in RSS engine too.
SUPPORTED NEWS READER SERVICES:
• Feed Wrangler
• The Old Reader
• Tiny Tiny RSS
• Built-in RSS
SUPPORTED READ LATER AND BOOKMARKING SERVICES:
• All your reading in one place, multiple account support.
• Universal app: same features and same services are supported on iOS and macOS
• Sync with all major RSS aggregator and read later provider or use it with built-in RSS engine.
• Feed and folder management for RSS services.
• Organize subscriptions / articles into folder / tags.
• Smart folders whose content is automatically updated according to your search criteria.
• Offline reading and image caching.
• Sync in the background.
• Built-in reader mode to extract full content of articles.
• Automatic reader mode.
• Share extension that save articles from Safari and other application for later reading.
• Subscribe to YouTube channels and playlists.
• Customizable user interface.
• Support for light and dark mode and color themes.
• Save content for offline viewing.
• In-app browser for viewing links and other references.
• Preference to display unread items on the app badge.
• Search for articles by content, title or source.
• Full support for hardware keyboard.
• Import and export of feed subscriptions via OPML.
• Mark articles as read on scroll or mark them all by a tap of a button.
• Mark as read above or below from context menu.
• Filter articles by read or starred status.
• Send articles in email.
• Share articles with apps, social media accounts, and other services via share sheet.
ReadKit's core functionality is available for free, completely free — no ads, no data mining. If you like it and want to unlock additional features, you can do so through by subscribing to ReadKit Premium with a single universal purchase. It unlocks all premium features and removes all restrictions on both platforms. In addition to the universal ReadKit Premium, separate lifetime plans are now available for iOS/iPadOS and macOS, and a free trial is also offered.
• Multiple accounts: use it with two or more accounts at the same time. Allows you to save articles from RSS feeds to read-later accounts.
• Unlimited smart folders: more than one smart folder per account.
• Reader mode: displays the full text of article, even if it's not included in the feed source.
• Unlimited feeds: unlocks the limit of 20 feed for the built-in RSS service.
• Manage folders and tags: allows to organize feeds and read-later articles into folders or tags.
• Image cache: caches images from articles for offline reading.
• Themes and app icons: unlocks all themes and allows you to select a custom application icon on iOS.
• Import and export OPML: import and export of feed subscriptions via OPML.
• Upcoming new features: access to all upcoming premium features.
• Support the development: your purchase supports the continued development of ReadKit.
• Minor improvements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Reader App
I love ReadKit. The developer is great and this latest cross-platform version looks better, functions better, and is in every way better than all competing apps, even those from big development teams. Unlike those other apps you will find no ads here and no one is stealing and selling your data. Plus ReadKit works with more apps and platforms than those other companies and more seamlessly. It's hard to make an app this robust feel this simple. The free version is generous and the subscription prices are fair and with all the extra features you get paying a little for something you will use this much is well worth the upgrade. I don’t write a lot of reviews but when you find an app you love this much, you want to share it with others.
The Best Reader App
I love ReadKit. The developer is great and this latest cross-platform version looks better, functions better, and is in every way better than all competing apps, even those from big development teams. Unlike those other apps you will find no ads here and no one is stealing and selling your data. Plus ReadKit works with more apps and platforms than those other companies and more seamlessly. It's hard to make an app this robust feel this simple. The free version is generous and the subscription prices are fair and with all the extra features you get paying a little for something you will use this much is well worth the upgrade.
Good alternative to Newsify and Reeder but with need for some minor fixes: 1. Reading and article doesn’t mark it as read and there is no gesture to mark all as read (eg, swiping down) 2. Background sync is random; many times it doesn’t happen for a long interval and it’s as if the app updates when it decides to. The Mac version can specify the sync interval so why can’t the iOS version? 3. Embedded tweets don’t display in the web view I’ve reached out to the developer multiple times and have never heard back. The main advantage of this over Newsify (which has some advantages) is the seemingly built-in content blocker support that fixes some problematic ads on various sites.
ADDENDUM: I deleted the app. Never ever got any response from the developer and there were too many bugs on iPadOS and iOS (different bugs on each OS) and I’d rather use an app like Newsify that is well supported and works well.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Balazs Varkonyi
- 12.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Balazs Varkonyi
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Annual $7.99
- Premium Lifetime Universal $24.99
- Premium Monthly $1.99
- Premium Lifetime iOS $9.99
- Premium Lifetime macOS $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.