Food Intolerances 12+
Histamine, FODMAP & IBS Guide
- Offers In-App Purchases
■ Latest Awards
• Healthline.com: Best Allergy Apps of the Year 2020
• Focus Money 2019: "Best App" in the health category
• MeinAllergiePortal – Digital Health Heroes Award 2021
The app Food Intolerances helps you if you have to stick to a restricted diet after being diagnosed with food intolerances, sensitivities or allergies. It offers you an extensive food list with more than 1,100 foods, tables with the most important data and detailed comments for assessing the tolerance.
The most important applications are histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, a low FODMAP diet for IBS, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, lactose intolerance, salicylate intolerance or gluten sensitivity.
Our app has been reviewed by the medical jury of MeinAllergiePortal and was awarded the Digital Health Heroes Award twice.
■ The best app for your needs
• Configure the app to fit your specific needs
• Check your favorite meals with the recipe calculator
• Track your diet with the food diary
• Add your own notes and manually adjust ratings where necessary
• Add foods to your list of favorites
• Filter and sort by various criteria
■ Low FODMAP diet and IBS
• Fructose intolerance
• Lactose intolerance
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• Total FODMAP content
■ Histamine and tyramine intolerance
• Content of histamine, tyramine and other biogenic amines
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines and food additives
■ More intolerances and allergies
• Salicylate or Aspirin intolerance
• Benzoic acid and benzoates
• Balsam of Peru allergy
• Nickel allergy and nickel content
• Oxalic acid and oxalates
• Additional profiles for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef, honey, treenuts and nightshades
► Free version
• Basic information for 8 out of 15 intolerances
• Access to our food database with more than 1,100 entries
• Detailed articles about food intolerances
• Shopping list
• Creation of three recipes
• Creation of three entries in the food diary
• Personal notes, ratings and favorites
• Free blog with interesting articles*
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• Dark Mode
• No internet connection required
► PRO version (in-app purchase)
• Access to all information and data
• Filter and sorting function
• Recipe nutrition calculator
• Unlimited number of entries in the food diary
• Access to all 15 sensitivities and additional 13 allergens
• Adjustable portion sizes
• Assessment of the total sugar content
• One time purchase, no subscription
► Nutritional values (in-app purchase)
With an additional in-app users of the PRO version can unlock 46 nutritional values.
• General nutrition facts
• Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (folic acid), B12, C, D, E and K
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, ...)
• Recommended daily intake
• Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio, glycemic index and glycemic load
• Alcohol content
• Calculation and tracking of nutritional values
■ About us
At Baliza, we have been developing nutritional apps that provide tailored nutritional recommendations to people with special dietary needs since 2011. Our award-winning apps are helpful guides that combine carefully researched information from scientific sources with all the capabilities offered by modern smartphones. You get all of our apps as a fair one-time purchase without a subscription.
On the occasion of the 12th anniversary of our app we release a comprehensive update. We improved the app in almost every area!
• You can now track your diet with the new food diary.
• The new layout is clearer and more practical.
• We added the topic oxalic acid and oxalates.
• There are many new foods in the database, including soy flakes and coconut yogurt.
• We overhauled the dark mode and the color-blind mode.
• We updated the information in the database and corrected some minor issues.
We really hope that you like the new version! By the way, if you want to support us, we would be very happy about a review in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful app but.........
They did another update and added more foods but they list corn, popcorn and the like as safe and according to everything I have read, corn is one of the worst foods for salicylate . Also figs are listed as safe but I have read they are moderately high in salicylate.
New updates have made some foods high in salicylates as green. Misleading
This app is wonderful! Every update has been wonderful but notice a few foods missing. One is plain corn and corn on the cob. They have corn salad......don't even know what that is. Greens (collards, turnip etc) missing as well. I would also like information on medicinal herbs like milk thistle, ashwagandha, St. John's Wort etc. I find conflicting information on the web. Every food intolerance imaginable is listed as well as other allergies. Great app.
Essential for those with perplexing food issues
Incredible app, very useful. Keeping a food diary is great practice but ultimately frustrating if you can’t pinpoint why you’re getting the results you’re getting. This app helps immeasurably with analysis, with the understanding that everyone is unique and daily accumulations of a substance will often matter more than a single serving of a single food. I like how this app helps with realizing there aren’t “bad” or “good” foods by breaking down what substances in them might be problematic for you if given in high enough quantities to affect you. Given how complex it is to uncover what works for you, and how little help doctors can generally give, this app is a lifesaver.
It’s absolutely GENIUS!
Very CLEVER easy to use app. If you are suffering from multi digestive issues, allergies, restrictions etc, I consider this app essential.
With this app I can combine both low fodmaps and low histamine restrictions and get a quick look at the things I can eat considering both of these restrictions. You can customize it to your needs if you have gluten, nuts and other sensitivities.
For me it is a life saver. I was going crazy trying to gather the information and compare lists from different apps and websites.
I purchased the pro version and was amazed by the helpful informative information. I am so impressed that I had to write a review.
It’s very interactive and gives you multiple options with a sliding bar to understand quantities aloud. It’s not static as most apps which gives you just 3 color options.
If I could give it 1000 stars, I would.
Thank you for developing such an app. I’m very grateful!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Baliza GmbH
- 80.3 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Nutritional values $3.99
- PRO version $15.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.
More By This Developer
You Might Also Like
ALL i CAN EAT - the food intolerance list for lactose, fructose, histamine, gluten, sorbitol and salicylic acid
HITS DB Histamine Intolerance
Low FODMAP diet foods for IBS
Food Sense Guide
Soosee - Allergy & Vegan Scan