• ● Optimized for iOS 12+ (iOS 13-specific updates soon!) ● •
Remoter Pro includes all options: VNC, RDP, SSH, Telnet, RemoterFusion, etc.
"Remoter, (...) is currently on sale and is a pretty feature rich VNC app. (...) Setting things up is as simple as entering your VNC information and pressing connect. Remoter gives you just about every option you'd need in a VNC client" - lifehacker.com
Remote Desktop Gateway, NLA and external keyboards supported!
●Remoter Pro● is intuitive and very easy to use!, but in case you need help, it includes an in-app tips, and informational buttons.
Support is available via firstname.lastname@example.org
• A complete solution, no in-app purchases.
• Multiple simultaneous connections
• RemoterFusion compatible (for connecting and sound streaming)
• Universal Binary: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! Buy once, run on all your devices!
• Advanced URL invocation system (see https://is.gd/fKNHEN)
• Novel Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, and dragging. Scroll with a side-scroller bar! Three trackpad modes.
• International keyboard support for servers that don't support direct input mode: German, Swiss-German, Russian, French, Danish and Spanish Keyboard mappings.
• Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
• Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: "Fit Height", "Fit Width" and "1:1"
• Special Keys: Including: Esc, Tab, Alt, Up, Down, Right, Left, PageUp, PageDown, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
• Localized to: Spanish, Italian, German (and English)
• Wake-on-Lan Support
• Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
• Support for 8bpp, 16bpp and 32bpp color depths
• Fullscreen mode
VNC / Screen Sharing:
• Fast VNC protocol 3.8 supported. Compatible with MacOS' Screen Sharing, the latest UltraVNC for Windows and Linux VNC servers
• Support for sound/music redirection from MacOS and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion
• UltraVNC MS Login Authentication Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
RDP / Windows Remote Desktop:
• Remote Desktop Gateway and RDP over SSH support
• Support for NLA encryption and Windows 10+
• Full clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support or Remoter Fusion)
• Font Smoothing
SSH / Telnet:
• Support for SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels
• SSH supports public-key authentication. Included SSH Key management system to generate, copy to and from clipboard the SSH keys
• Support for recording and running Macros
• Fixed VNC keyboard mapping for en_US users when "auto" is selected
• Fixed SSH font scale for 3x retina devices
Ratings and Reviews
There seems to be no way to contact support. The support feature brings up their website in the app but (both in the app and on a browser) there is no way to contact them other than the forums. The forum registration feature doesn't work (which explains why there are no posts since 2016) so I can't post.
This app does appear to work after a few problems:
1. Entering a custom connection, both ssh and vnc, when in landscape mode it seems to frequently crash out of the connection edit feature when doinh text entry in some of the text boxes near the bottom of the form. It took me many, many tries to get the connection configuration entered. Once it was entered, it worked fine.
2. It allows you to be prompted for your password when connecting. It supports ssh keys. However, it doesn't support prompting for the key password. You have to have it remember the key password which is less secure than prompting. If you don't have it enter the password then it connects but just sits there in the ssh authentication phase until it times out.
I've finally got things working and it does seem to function, though I haven't stressed it. I'm sorry to air the dirty laundry in a review but as I said there's no other way to contact the developer.
Works well but does not handle IPv6 correctly
Now that T-Mobile has switched me to IPv6, unable to use with VPN.
Tried a different VNC client and it worked properly
Developer Response ,
IPv6 support should work, please contact me at email@example.com to see how I can help resolve.
Cannot get VNC to work, can’t recommend
I’ve tried numerous times trying to get VNC to work with this app. SSH does work, but bought this for VNC. I’ve been able to easily get VNC to work with another app. I cannot recommend this app. I’ve tried to get a refund however Apple’s online refund system immediately rejects my request with no explanation. Should have known not to buy this app given zero updates in over a year. Avoid buying this app!
Developer Response ,
An update is in testing / review. Sorry to hear about your problems. I'll be happy to help you resolve this. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remoter Labs LLC
- 62.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 RemoterLabs LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.