Hooked on Phonics is Highly Effective and Incredibly Fun. Nurture your child's reading and confidence with the right blend of interactive learn-to-read tools. This award-winning app is based on research, approved by the Children’s Reading Foundation, and designed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned authors, and most importantly, parents.
• Perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade readers (ages 3-7).
• Correlates to federal and state reading proficiency standards through 1st grade.
• Over 250 songs, award-winning videos, interactive games, reading lessons, & ebooks.
• Earn virtual awards and achievements.
• 100+ ebook library with stories to complement every lesson.
• Use on multiple devices – pick up where you left off, no matter where you are.
• Add multiple readers and track their progress individually.
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read contains 36 progressive lessons featuring leveled learning activities that cover key building blocks of reading: short vowels, simple plurals, simple compound words, beginning and ending consonant digraphs and blends, two-syllable words, and sight words.Each lesson concludes with a story specially written with the words just learned. Your child will read this book, proudly, on their own.
If your child is in Pre-K, has not quite mastered the alphabet and letter sounds, or they are struggling with Step 1 of the Learn to Read program, The Big Reading Show may be a good place to start. The Big Reading Show is an exciting preschool learning program that introduces pre-readers to the alphabet and letter sounds – critical skills they’ll need to begin Step 1 of the Learn to Read program. Part variety show, part interactive game, The Big Reading Show features 13 episodes, each one an exploration of letters, words, text concepts, phonemic awareness, and vocabulary.
Over 5 million children have learned to read using the Hooked on Phonics program. Start your child on the path to becoming a confident lifelong reader and learner. Download Hooked on Phonics today.
WHAT PARENTS AND KIDS ARE SAYING:
• “[My kids] are excited and reciting stuff that they learned from Hooked on Phonics.” Joe – Atlanta, Georgia
• “Hooked on Phonics does it for you… it’s not hard. So as a parent, it’s doable.” – Alexa & Joe, parents and Hooked on Phonics customers
• “On the first day of school I got this good book, and I just finished it. And I’m loving reading.” Michael – Struggling Reader
• “I started getting honor roll in class.” Michelle – Reader 5 levels behind
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD:
Hooked on Phonics is FREE TO TRY. Step 1 of Learn to Read (includes 3 lessons), and the first episode of The Big Reading Show (Explorer Day), are unlocked and available for download immediately. Try it before you buy it, and experience the joy of your child reading their first book.
- Hooked on Phonics provides a 7-day free trial, which upon completion, becomes a monthly subscription charged to the user’s iTunes account
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
General bug fixes to help speed and performance of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Something wrong after I updated today
The app is great. But since I updated today. When I played unit 1(yellow) there are 3 lessons inside. In the lesson 3, there are helper words. At beginning it had sound, but it showed black screen, I got back , tried to get in , it had no found , no video. The app has something wrong after update. And my phone is a new phone !would you fix it , please !
I downloaded the app in May of 2013. My son was around 20 months at the time and it was a free Mother’s Day download. He played and played with it. Even when other apps didn’t keep his attention, this one did. I don’t know if it’s the reason he started pre-school reading on a first grade level, but I believe it had a lot to do with that. He wasn’t the kid that liked to sit still for books to be read to him so I cannot take the credit. I have advised many of my friends to purchase or download this app for that reason. Thanks so much for helping my now 7 year old to read. ❤️
Developer Response ,
This is so wonderful to hear! Thank you for sharing your son's experience with us. We are so happy that he always gravitated to our Learn to Read app lessons! Best of luck to him as he continues his education.
Very cute, fun, and works wonders!
The hooked on phonics app is great! I recommend it to everyone because the little games and videos are really engaging. The achievement section sets goals and there are SO many ebooks included. My daughter loves playing every night and I’ve seen such a huge improvement in her interest in reading and her reading skills. The subscription options are well worth it. Hooked on phonics has been around since I was a little girl and it’s still just as great. I had a problem with the app once and customer support was pretty helpful and attentive too.
Developer Response ,
Love to hear it! Thanks so much for your feedback. We're happy your kids are having a fun time learning to read.
- SANDVIKS HOP, INC.
- 335.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Sandviks, HOP
- In-App Purchases
- Hooked on Phonics $6.99
- Hooked on Phonics $7.99
- Can Man eBook $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.