The only true audiophile music player with Hi-Res audio rendering and DSP engine
Neutron is an advanced music player with audiophile-grade platform-independent 32/64-bit audio engine which is being developed for more than 10 years to provide Hi-Fi experience on any platform!
It outputs hi-res audio directly to the internal DAC (including USB DAC) and offers a rich set of DSP effects for altering audio. Neutron is the only application capable of sending audio data to the network renderers (UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast) with all DSP effects applied, including the gapless playback.
It features unique PCM to DSD real-time oversampling mode (if supported by DAC), so you can play your favorite music in DSD resolution.
Neutron has special user interface with advanced functionality and is designed specifically for audiophiles and those who love music!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (HD audio)
* OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing
* Hi-Res Audio support (up to 32-bit, 768 kHz, external/internal DACs)
* Bit-perfect playback
* Audio formats: MP2, MP3, OGG/Vorbis, FLAC, OPUS, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE, WV, MPC, WAV, AU, AIFF, audio MPG/MPEG/AVI, iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM)
* Native DSD (direct or DoP), DSD
* Output all to DSD
* Decoding DSD to PCM
* DSD formats: DFF, DSF, ISO SACD/DVD
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M
* Voice audio format: SPEEX
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata)
* Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast, Shoutcast)
* Supports large media libraries
* Supports iTunes library (non DRM) and local files (inside /Documents folder)
* Network music sources:
- SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares)
- UPnP/DLNA media server
- SFTP (over SSH) server
- FTP server
- WebDAV server
* Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects)
* Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects)
* Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 32-bit, 768 kHz)
* 32-bit output (IEEE 754, optional)
* UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer server (gapless, DSP effects)
* Device local music library management via internal FTP server
* DSP effects:
- Parametric Equalizer (4-60 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain)
- Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets
- Frequency Response Correction (5000+ AutoEq presets for 2500+ headphones)
- Surround Sound (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.)
- Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones)
- Compressor / Limiter (compression of dynamic range)
- Time Delay (loudspeaker time alignment)
- Dithering (minimize quantization)
- Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction)
- Phase Inversion (channel polarity change)
* Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic
* Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects)
* Replay Gain from metadata
* Gapless playback (sample accurate)
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls
* High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes)
* Real-time Spectrum, Waveform, RMS analyzers
* Balance (L/R)
* Mono mode
* Profiles (multiple configurations)
* Playback modes: Shuffle, Loop, Single Track, Sequential, Queue
* Playlist management
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category
* Tag editing: MP3, FLAC, OGG, APE, SPEEX, WAV, WV, M4A, MP4 (internal storage, SMB, SFTP)
* Folder mode
* Clock mode
* Timers: sleep, wake
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Indonesian, Malay, Nederlands, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk
Please report bugs directly by e-mail or via forum:
- PM - Sequential - Rewind Tracklist: to rewind tracklist to the beginning when reached its end
- noise when switching gapless DSD tracks
- UPnP: incompatibility with devices using [Range: bytes=0-] header in request
- could not clear Chromecast devices from Output To list
- Mono mode not affecting Stereo files if Upmix is Off
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing Music Player!
This is easily one of the best music players for iPhone. There is so much control for almost every aspect of your music. The cross fader is really fun and the quality of sound that this makes is incredible. The only thing thats keeping this app from being a 5 is I wish you could have more control within the queue. For example it would be really great if within the queue you could choose what gets played next and essentially build the queue as you go along. Other then that it’s a great app!
So here are the steps to make this app so great that separates it from others instead of the normal option of scrolling up and down and turn your equalizer off and on like most music apps you get the option to press and hold down your settings and then customizing it that also includes volume control and surround sound controls plus you get a volume control setting which is absolutely insane! You get upwards of six controls for your bass and surround sound moods I have been messing around with this app for over a month now and each time I use it I get a different setting the best part with this app that I love most is you don’t have to pay for other options in this app like you have to do with others
Love it, BUT...
Love this app. Phenomenal music player. I did have some issues with it under iOS 12, but they have all been addressed under iOS 13. It handles FLAC files amazingly on my iPhone 6s plus and on my iPad Air 2’s. And In lieu of owning a DAC, I simply hook it up to my home stereo system with a standard 3.5 mm aux out cable, and it is amazing. The quality of sound and the righteous adjustability of the EQ and all of its parameters make for quite a remarkably enjoyable experience. I cannot emphasize this enough. Once the deep curve, yet thar are warm waters, is learned, it is a pleasure to use. Love it. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Neutron must be able to scan all files if you keep your FLACs inside Neutron's Documents folder. Please try re-scanning source entry may be (long press on a source entry inside Sources -> Scan). If it does not help, you could try delete/create source entry but it is only you are sure that files which did not appear in Media Library are really inside the Documents folder. If nothing helps please e-mail to email@example.com with more details.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Neutron Code Limited
- 87.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 - 2022 Neutron Code Limited
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.