Neutron is an advanced music player with platform-independent unique 32/64-bit audio engine which produces the highest quality sound of Hi-Fi grade.
Neutron can output hi-res audio directly to the internal DAC (if device supports it) and offers a rich set of digital tools (DSP) for modifying sound. It is the only application capable of sending audio to the network renderers (UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast) with all DSP effects applied including true gapless playback. Render PCM to DSD in real-time by utilizing a unique oversampling mode, if device supports DSD!
Neutron is equipped with a specialized user interface with advanced options, rich set of controls and is designed specifically for audiophiles and those who are really in love with music!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (HD audio).
* OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing.
* Hi-Res Audio support (up to 32-bit, 768 kHz, external/internal DACs).
* Bit-perfect playback.
* Audio formats: MP2, MP3, OGG/Vorbis, FLAC, OPUS, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE, WV, MPC, WAV, AU, AIFF, audio MPG/MPEG/AVI, iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM).
* Native DSD (direct or DoP), DSD.
* Output all to DSD.
* Decoding DSD to PCM.
* DSD formats: DFF, DSF, ISO SACD/DVD.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast, Shoutcast).
* Supports large media libraries.
* Supports iTunes library (non DRM) and local files (inside /Documents folder).
* Network music sources:
- SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares);
- UPnP/DLNA media server;
- SFTP (over SSH) server;
- FTP server;
- WebDAV server.
* Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
* Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 32-bit, 768 kHz).
* 32-bit output (IEEE 754, optional).
* UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer server (gapless, DSP effects).
* Device local music library management via internal FTP server.
* DSP effects:
- Parametric Equalizer (4-60 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain);
- Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets;
- Surround Sound (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.);
- Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones);
- Compressor / Limiter (compression of dynamic range);
- Time Delay (loudspeaker time alignment);
- Dithering (minimize quantization);
- Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction);
- Phase Inversion (channel polarity change).
* Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic.
* Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain from metadata.
* Gapless playback (sample accurate).
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes).
* Real-time Spectrum and RMS analyzers.
* Balance (L/R).
* Mono mode.
* Playback modes: Shuffle, Loop, Single Track, Sequential, Queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Folder mode.
* Clock mode.
* Timers: sleep, wake.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Indonesian, Malay, Nederlands, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk.
Please report bugs directly by e-mail or via forum:
* New option UI - Spectrum Analyzer:
- Flat: to switch on/off flattening spectrum for a pink noise;
- Scale: to scale the spectrum's response.
- Spectrum Analyzer calibration to match real power of frequencies;
- reading of broken DFFs.
- Compressor DSP UI not live while playback is active;
- interruptions during playback on some iOS devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing Music Player!
This is easily one of the best music players for iPhone. There is so much control for almost every aspect of your music. The cross fader is really fun and the quality of sound that this makes is incredible. The only thing thats keeping this app from being a 5 is I wish you could have more control within the queue. For example it would be really great if within the queue you could choose what gets played next and essentially build the queue as you go along. Other then that it’s a great app!
So here are the steps to make this app so great that separates it from others instead of the normal option of scrolling up and down and turn your equalizer off and on like most music apps you get the option to press and hold down your settings and then customizing it that also includes volume control and surround sound controls plus you get a volume control setting which is absolutely insane! You get upwards of six controls for your bass and surround sound moods I have been messing around with this app for over a month now and each time I use it I get a different setting the best part with this app that I love most is you don’t have to pay for other options in this app like you have to do with others
Love it, BUT...
Love this app. Phenomenal music player. I did have some issues with it under iOS 12, but they have all been addressed under iOS 13. It handles FLAC files amazingly on my iPhone 6s plus and on my iPad Air 2’s. And In lieu of owning a DAC, I simply hook it up to my home stereo system with a standard 3.5 mm aux out cable, and it is amazing. The quality of sound and the righteous adjustability of the EQ and all of its parameters make for quite a remarkably enjoyable experience. I cannot emphasize this enough. Once the deep curve, yet thar are warm waters, is learned, it is a pleasure to use. Love it. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Neutron must be able to scan all files if you keep your FLACs inside Neutron's Documents folder. Please try re-scanning source entry may be (long press on a source entry inside Sources -> Scan). If it does not help, you could try delete/create source entry but it is only you are sure that files which did not appear in Media Library are really inside the Documents folder. If nothing helps please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with more details.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.