Join nearly 50,000 of your colleagues and subscribe to the #1 Emergency Medicine educational platform in the world. For almost 20 years, Mel Herbert and the EM:RAP team of EM experts have been sharing their “Reviews and Perspectives”, bringing you the most up-to-date and relevant topics in Emergency Medicine, every month. It’s funny, it’s smart; it’s truly irresistible medical education.
In recent years, EM:RAP has rapidly expanded, growing into a one-stop shop for all your education needs. Gone are the days when you had to buy multiple products from different vendors. With EM:RAP you gain access to everything you will ever need throughout your career, all for one low price.
Your EM:RAP subscription unlocks an entire educational universe on your app.
• EM:RAP: The #1 EM audio program, with cutting-edge updates
• C3: Approaches to common patient presentations
• EMA: Reviews of 30 papers and a series of rants and opinions
• HD: Beautifully-presented videos of procedures and more
• LLSA: The best and fastest way to breeze through LLSA
• Crunch Time: A new and innovative approach to board review
• RightOnPrime: Rural, primary, and international medicine updates
• And so much more!
Listen on any device, anywhere. Our handy app for iPhone makes listening a breeze. You’ll also take care of that pesky CME requirement while you’re at it with up to 180 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™/ year.
Here are just some of the things you can do!
• Listen to our programs in full-screen mode to see more details including descriptions, important notes, and commentators.
• Sometimes listening just isn’t enough; you need to see it to believe it. Check out our amazing HD videos!
• If you’re a multi-tasker we’ve got you covered. Collapse your player to explore more content while you listen.
• We have a ton of content, and we’re very proud of all of it, but sometimes you’re looking for something very specific and don’t have time to wait. Our filtering menu can help you locate the right program in no time.
• If you still can’t find what you are looking for, our search tool allows you to perform keyword searches across all of our available content.
• On the go? Download episodes for later listening on your commute! Long-time subscriber? Don’t worry! All your downloaded episodes will still be there when you update, so you can just keep listening.
• Can’t remember where you left off? Let us keep track for you! Each time you start a chapter or episode, we take note of where you leave off so that you don't have to! Check the circles next to the titles if you need a reminder.
• Need to save something for later? Have an episode you just can’t get enough of? Favorite the content you love and find it easily through our Favorites filter.
Feel like something’s missing? We have grand plans for the future, with more features and content coming soon. But we always want to hear how we can do better. Please send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly support staff will get right back to you.
Thanks for all you do. What you do really matters!
Camping season is here for many, and what better way to relax than by watching EM:RAP HD videos around the campfire, or while boating out on the lake? We recognize how important it is to connect with nature while also staying informed, so in preparation for summer we’ve added the ability to download EM:RAP HD videos for offline playback. Now you can download any HD episode you want, and then view them from the comfort of your own tent. So pack your bear spray and your phone, and keep up to date with the latest medical video content EM:RAP has to offer, no matter where you happen to be.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent content, beautiful app that could use some work
EM:Rap came highly recommend, and the content really lives up to it. There are a lot of free medical education sources, but this is worth the money. Unfortunately, the app still holds it back a little (and it isn't a completely unusable app or anything). If these three things were resolved I'd definitely give it 5/5
Big kudos to the recent update that allowed in-app searching!
1) the most annoying thing that needs to be fixed is to change the lockscreen control to back and forward 15 seconds, not back and forward tracks. When I'm driving and listening and I miss something, I don't want the distraction of having to unlock my phone, open the app, open the player, and then hit back 15 seconds.
2) maybe it works for other people, but I haven't been able to view videos on the app. Even the mobile version of the website has a video option.
3) annoying, but the least of my concerns thus far, it isn't very good at remembering where I left off
Great app, occasional issues. Could use CarPlay!
I hope the developers read the reviews. Great app. It pretty much functions as a podcast app dedicated to EMRAP content. So straight forward. Occasionally, it has issues remembering where you left of. When you come back to the app it is has reset the progress you made
Now on the wish list. I listen to this mostly while driving. It would be a nice convenience feature if it had a dedicated CarPlay function. So you could switch menus/sections directly from the car, rather then having to pull out the phone.
Awesome content, app nearly unusable
I’ve listened to literally every episode, often multiple times. There is no better CME content for emergency medicine. The app functionality is rudimentary at best, however. I abandoned it in favor of the native iOS app, though I can only access content going back a year with that app. To be useful, the app must:
1) Remember where you left off. Having to scroll back years of content to restart an episode you started (and have to select the chapter to boot!) is too frustrating to be worth it.
2) Remember your speed preference. I like to listen at 1.5 speed. I have to reset the speed each time I open the app.
3) (less pressing but would be great) Let you complete CME within the app.
Mel & Co., please address these deficiencies so your listeners can take full advantage of your awesome content!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- EMRAP, Inc
- 32.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014-2021 EMRAP, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.