Do you have tinnitus or “ringing in the ears”? Tinnitus HQ helps you understand and relieve your tinnitus symptoms.
Recent research shows that tinnitus can be treated by listening to sounds that have been filtered to remove your specific tinnitus frequencies.*
With Tinnitus HQ, you can apply advanced filters to over 500 high-quality sounds to find relief for your symptoms.
Simply apply a bandpass filter to any sound or mix to isolate frequencies in a narrow range. Move this filter up and down the frequency range until it closely matches the ringing frequency in your ears.
Add a bandstop filter at these frequencies to any sound or mix to create your tinnitus mask.
You can set a wide range of filter widths from 0.1 to 4.0 octaves, down to 1Hz resolution.
With Tinnitus HQ you can create advanced natural-sounding tinnitus masks to help relieve your tinnitus symptoms.
Tinnitus HQ features:
• Over 500 high-quality natural sound recordings
• Wide frequency range: 128 Hz to 16 kHz
• Precision bandpass and bandstop filters to identify and mask ringing frequencies
• Filter widths from 0.1 to 4.0 Octaves, settable to 1Hz resolution
• Easy-to-create blended mixes of any 4 sounds
• Runs in background while using other apps or when the screen is locked
• Timer with slow audio fade-out
• Beautiful high-definition images from around the globe
• Modern easy-to-use interface
• 15 different natural sound categories, including Rain, Rivers & Streams, Ocean, Lakes, Wind, Water Fountains, Fire, Birds, Crickets & Insects, Cars, Trains, Public Places, Household, Industrial, Soundscapes.
Download Tinnitus HQ now.
* See http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0138595, http://www.pnas.org/content/107/3/1207.full, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918775/ for descriptions of notched sound therapy and its positive results.
* Please talk with your doctor about ringing in the ears and any other symptoms. Don’t use this or any other app as a substitute for professional medical advice.
Image credits: http://www.phase4mobile.com/image-credits-tinnitushq
• Sleep timer extended to 12 hours and longer fade out.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simply Notch Therapy For Tinnitus
Very happy with Tinnitus HQ. Nice, simple user interface to create ‘notch’ and mix different sound files together. Extensive library of sound files to select from to create custom library. As for effectiveness in reducing perception of tinnitus, only time will tell.
After a few days of use, I have one recommendation for the developer. Setting the frequency of the notch could be improved significantly by adding “+” and “-“ buttons to the current ‘slider’ control. This would allow precise setting of the tinnitus frequency. Also, adding similar “+/-“ controls to files in a mix would provide better balancing in a mix.
Great, economical app! Looking forward to reduced perception of tinnitus and future upgrades/improvements to the app.
Great flexible over all tool for tinnitus / sleep with one caveat..
This app and its built in combination of sounds worked like a miracle for the first night I used while sleeping in new apt with thin floors, nicely blocking any footstep sounds while tending to my tinnitus frequency that caused erratic audio disruptions on a non notched noise sound. Unfortunately midway through night two my mind picked up on the loop point in the white & pink noise audio recordings and then that was basically jarring me up every time it cycled through (roughly :30 - a minute) and it could not be EQ’d out / away. Longer, more seemless loops and the ability to stagger start points of samples would help in solving this problem. As would the ability to use eq notching on outside sources and or upload ones owns sounds at a length that would be less detectable by those with sensitive ears and sleep lightly. Or even an actual noise generator in sound suites. Thank you for the almost life saving app! Please consider adding something like this or a standalone notching app for all us struggling with sleep / tinnitus.
Developer Response ,
Please try a range of different sounds, there are over 500 in the sound catalog. You can also create unlimited multi-sound mixes with independent volume levels per sound. There are billions of potential combinations and one should work for you. The noise sounds mentioned aren’t looped at those lengths, and are helpful for many people around the world. It’s possible for symptoms to impact what’s perceived. Try a few multi-sound mixes to change up what’s being heard and please do this working with your doctor. Please contact us via “Questions or Feedback” in the app, we’d be glad to help further.
I never pay for apps but this is worth it
I use this with a hearing aid to help with my tinnitus. It has a huge selection of sounds as well as the ability to mix and save them. It’s been great. Surprisingly enough I’ve found that what works really well for me is a single simple bird. I don’t need to drown out the T or completely fill my ear with continuous noise. Just the bird alone, dropped into my right ear where the tinnitus lives, seems to redirect my brain. It’s invaluable.
- Phase4 Mobile, Inc.
- 71.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Phase4 Mobile, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.