After over a decade of trailblazing modern lighting control on iPad and iPhone, Luminair for macOS is here! Access all iPadOS, iOS, and macOS versions under a single subscription plan.
Luminair is a professional-grade lighting control platform that gives lighting designers, filmmakers and TV professionals, musicians, artists and other enthusiasts advanced control over DMX-enabled lights, as well as "Smart" lights via Apple HomeKit.
Control any light... Luminair's Fixture Cloud library contains almost 24,000 fixture profiles, built upon data licensed from Carallon.
Luminair 4 adds a wide range of user-requested features like multi-universe support, RDM support (beta), user interface improvements, Universal Search, support for Apple HomeKit, and so much more.
Move beyond the lighting console! Join us and see why Luminair has been setting the standard for mobile lighting control since 2008!
Try it FREE for 2 weeks, with all features unlocked, and no obligation. See offer details below.
- 1 to 4 DMX Universes (512-2048 Channels, depending on Subscription level)
- 1 Art-Net DMX Input Universe for creating Snapshot scene recordings from another lighting console
- RDM Support over Art-Net (Beta)
- Works with any Art-Net or sACN E1.31 compliant DMX interface
- Transmits Art-Net, sACN E1.31, and/or and KiNET over built-in Wi-Fi hardware
- Supports DMX over Bluetooth with LumenRadio BLE CRMX devices
- Supports Enttec USB DMX Pro and DMXking ultraDMX USB-based interfaces
- DMX FX Engine* with a Movement generator, Oscillator, Chase, Color Looping, Random Color/Intensity, Fire, Water, and Television FX
- Palette/preset based movement system allows you to control and edit movements of multiple moving lights together in unison
- Sequences allow you to play back scenes with customized fade and hold times
- Sound Active mode allows for music controlled light shows
- Innovative tap-to-bump gesture allows you to quickly bump the levels of a scene while holding it's button, releasing those levels when let go
- Supports simultaneous control of DMX and HomeKit lights in the same project
- Touch/Face ID powered Lockdown mode allows you to lock specific parts of the Luminair user interface
- Supports various external control methods as MIDI, MIDI over Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi, Geofences, OSC Input
- Additional support for 4 Universes, Scheduling, DMX Input Triggers, iBeacons, MSC, MTC, and HomeKit Button Triggers available with Luminair Pro Subscription
- 64-bit app with a scalable UI that uses the latest Apple technologies like iCloud, Core Animation, Core MIDI and more
Please visit us at https://luminair.app for full details.
IMPORTANT: Luminair requires external DMX or HomeKit hardware to control lights, but can also be used in an "offline" mode for building projects and as a learning tool.
Access Luminair Standard or Luminair Pro with monthly or annual subscriptions. You will be automatically billed through Apple every 30 days for monthly subscriptions or every 365 days for yearly subscriptions until you cancel your subscription. The first billing will occur after the one-time free trial period of 2 weeks. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the App Store Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription during the free trial period.
- Fixed an issue with CCT range on some fixtures with non-linear ramps
New in v4.3
- Added new Kelvin “preset” swatches to the CCT Picker. Quickly choose from commonly used color temperatures with a single selection
- Added new HomeKit Automation Triggers to Luminair Pro - Trigger Luminair scenes (DMX and HomeKit) and other global actions whenever another HomeKit light accessory is set to a specific state (On/Off/Intensity), allowing for deep integration with other HomeKit automations like scheduling or sensors
- Added new profiles to Fixture Cloud
- Improved support for non-linear CCT ramps with Fixture Cloud profiles
- Smoother 16-bit pan/tilt algorithm
- 16-bit Integer values now used on 16-bit faders and keypad when Display DMX Values is enabled in Settings
- Percentages are now displayed on Color parameter knobs when Display DMX Values is enabled in Settings, as color parameters control multiple DMX channels
- Fixed an issue with up/down stepper on Y keypad
- Fixed an issue that could affect performance when changing a scene’s fade time during a fade in progress
- Other minor fixes and improvements
User experience is important to us. For further assistance with this update or any other issues, please contact us at https://support.luminair.app
Ratings and Reviews
Sad to see you go:(
Took a leap of faith and purchased this app back in 2016 for close to $100. It was the most I paid for an iOS app at that time. Since then the app was really good to me. Programming and running shows from my iPad and even phone at times worked flawlessly for years for video shoots, formal events, musical concerts, and a few theatrical shows. However, when I was ready to upgrade, I really couldn’t believe the company would drop all of us prior loyal customers like that and force us to enter a subscription without a discount or anything. I will not upgrade and will find a replacement mostly because of the principle of the situation. I will miss you though. Solid app that seemed to handle everything I threw at it. It’s been fun. Truly sad to see you go :(
UPDATE: Thank you for responding and explaining. As previously mentioned I found this app to be an extremely solid app that surprisingly handled multiple fixtures and scenes flawlessly over the last few years. I would have hated to move to another workflow and now look forward to many more years using this app.
Developer Response ,
Hello, The subscription-based features in v4 are OPTIONAL for v3 users. We realize that some users will not have a need or desire for those features, but we still want the app maintained for them so it can continue to be used into the future. v3 users don't need to subscribe to access previous projects and continuing using them.
If you don't want to subscribe, you can continue to use the existing features from v3, plus new features like Sidebar, HomeKit, UI improvements, etc. Just tap the "NOT NOW" or "CANCEL" button in the initial setup screen. The only time you will be asked to subscribe after that is if you want to use a feature that requires it (no features from v3 require a subscription if you already purchased).
If you need further assistance, please reach out at https//support.luminair.app
Both Useable and Unstable at the same time...
Luminair is simple and useful, because it has editable scenes with faders that can be easily changed.
Luminair has always been very buggy since the very very beginning, and that has not changed very much over the years honestly. The app still often crashes randomly, especially when saving project files, or creating a custom button icon with the camera, despite the latest iOS updates and app updates. The app also loves to suddenly set all channels to off (BLACKOUT) when first loading a saved project file, despite that it was not saved in that state. The workaround for that bug is to turn off the output in the app, load the project, then turn the output back on again. That will prevent the sudden “BLACKOUT” (for no reason) from happening. I often find this app’s simplicity frustrating, especially with the highly limited effects options available, and the inability to use those effects easily, without needing to create duplicate faders mapped to duplicate channels that have those different effects patched into them. I have found the developers have not been very willing to make suggested changes, like the ability to lock project, scene and channel editing ability with independent separate special passwords, in order to make the app more useable in a permanent install environment. Oh well... this app is better than most apps, and a sharp stick in the eye...
School District’s Cure for In House Lighting Counsels
I have been using the app for a couple of years now. Primarily for a number of school districts that I work for and their in-house dimmer racks. It’s been a very intuitive and easy app to use, especially for students. We go out of our way to use it versus a regular lighting console. It’s also has been great for musicals and special events when we need to add special lighting.
That being said, it seems there hasn’t been a cure for a long time bug about assignment of fixture's DMX address if not in order. Also, tends to crash if you make a lot (70-80plus) scenes. Say for like, a musical. Other than that, I am recommending this setup for capital projects from now on.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your positive feedback! Please don’t hesitate to contact us at support.luminairapp.com for any support issues.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Synthe FX, LLC
- 534.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Synthe FX LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Luminair Standard Monthly $9.99
- Luminair Pro Monthly $19.99
- Luminair Standard Yearly $99.99
- Luminair Pro Yearly $199.99