TouchMix-8/16 Control is an app for iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch that provides wireless control of QSC TouchMix-8 and TouchMix-16 digital sound reinforcement mixers. Visit www.qsc.com for more information. The app is not intended to perform any audio mixing or processing tasks on its own.
When run on the iPad and iPad mini, the TouchMix Control app closely follows the operational paradigm of the mixers. The iPad and the mixer GUI operate independently so it is possible for the iPad to act as an additional user interface that can display and control a set of functions completely different from those being controlled by the mixer’s screen and hardware. An alternate operation mode – Follow Mixer – is also available. With Follow Mixer engaged, the iPad follows the fader selection on the mixer. Touch a fader on the mixer and the iPad will display that channel’s Overview, EQ, Compressor, Sends or Gate screen. Touch a parameter on the iPad and the mixer’s rotary control will adjust it – or just drag on the iPad screen. When used without an actual TouchMix, the app acts as a demonstration of the mixer GUI and functionality but does not control audio in any way.
On the iPhone, the TouchMix Control app functions as a personal stage monitor mix control with the option to also remotely operate the mixer’s record and playback features as well as programmable user buttons. To prevent inadvertent adjustment of controls, the mixer operator may allow or restrict access to selected functions on a per-device basis.
* Input channel processing (4-band PEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, gates, compressor)
* Output channel processing (1/3 octave GEQ, 6-band PEQ, variable high & Low-cut filters, anti-feedback filters and wizard, delay)
* Real Time Analyzer (RTA)
* Select Simple or Advanced mode
* Displays channel and output level meters
* Channel and output levels
* Effects and aux (monitor) send levels
* Select input presets from extensive library
* Select and control 4 simultaneous effects
* Input and output mutes and cues
* Configure and control DCA and Mute groups
* Multi-track recorder arm, playback and transport
* Includes TouchMix Info system, built-in reference guide.
* And more
* QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with version 3.0 or higher firmware installed.
* QSC TouchMix-8 or TouchMix-16 with supplied Wi-Fi adaptor installed or connected to a network via USB-to-Ethernet adaptor.
* Note that controlling a mixer with multiple iOS devices running different versions of the app is not recommended.
* QSC, LLC Website TouchMix Support Application License Agreement.
- Capability to name new devices that are connected wirelessly to the mixer using unique names that will appear in the mixer’s Remote Control list.
- Fixed issue where the app could crash when the mobile device was disconnected from the mixer.
Ratings and Reviews
This app does not work on all devices. I got a device that ran it properly, but there have been a couple times I updated my device and the app no longer worked, leaving me unable to run sound during gigs. Sometimes you have to update the mixer to fix this. It actually happened to me tonight. I will search for an update for the mixer and hope the issue has already been addressed, because i have another gig tomorrow.
For all the naysayers, trying to use an iPhone to control your mixer is like trying to build a skyscraper with a hammer. The only time an iPhone should be used with this app is for personal monitor mixes, and while that’s a nice feature to have you don’t want everyone messing with mixes and then complaining. And as with every piece of tech equipment, you need to spend some time with it. When I first got this mixer I spent a week figuring out work flow and the I added the app and it was completely seamless.
This is a very good app with all the functionality of the mixer. Working in small to medium venues with just the usb WiFi dongle works great with my iPad. And being able to mix from the audience is spectacular.
For the love of god, please update the app
App takes forever to connect to the board. That doesn’t make sense when you need it on the fly. Also, after connecting and adjusting, if you close the app out or your iPad or phone locks, when returning back to the app it crashes. Every. Single. Time. Even when it does finally NOT crash, yet again, you have to wait for it to connect.
The only thing you can adjust are the levels. While my board was only $1250, some of us paid quite a penny for your product. Don't you think it would be wise to keep your product in top shape for the user, you know, to keep them coming back and spending money?
Anywho, in closing. It’s been five years since there’s been an update. Do better QSC.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- QSC Audio Products, LLC.
- 164.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © QSC, LLC