"Simply remarkable, […] you’re nuts if you don’t try Apollo." - John Gruber, Daring Fireball
"The best Reddit app for iOS" - The Sweet Setup
"Apollo is the best Reddit client I have ever used. Period." - iMore
"Apollo makes the wild world of Reddit more accessible than ever before, and it may just be the best designed social feed app I've ever used." - MacStories
"Apollo is the only Reddit app you need." - TechCrunch
"Beautiful, modern, and fast." - MacRumors
Apollo is a beautiful Reddit app built for fast navigation with an incredibly powerful set of features. Thanks to features like the Jump Bar, fully customizable gestures, and a super-charged Media Viewer, browsing Reddit has never been this amazing.
It's created specifically with iOS design guidelines in mind, so it fits right at home on your device, and with input from thousands of Redditors helping sculpt and perfect it over several years before launching:
- Jump Bar, for super-fast hopping between subreddits
- Super-charged Media Viewer for an amazing experience viewing images, GIFs, videos, albums , and more from a variety of sources.
- Tabbed interface for easy navigating
- Incredibly powerful Markdown composer for writing comments and posts
- Full inline Imgur uploading, both images and albums
- Large or compact posts depending on your preference
- Dark mode (can be automatic)
- Fully customizable gestures
- Safari View Controller for browsing articles and links
- Inline previews of media in comments
- 3D Touch support
- Beautifully organized Inbox
- Filtering and blocking
- Face ID / Touch ID / Passcode lock
- Moderator features
- Tons of settings to tweak
- GIF scrubbing to go backward and forward in time
- Multiple accounts
- Powerful search
- Full Markdown rendering
- Unobtrusive Volume Indicator
As well as much, much more and it's constantly evolving. If you have anything you'd specifically like to see, come to the ApolloApp subreddit and we'd love to hear it!
Apollo is an unofficial app, and side effects may include an incredible browsing experience.
A bunch of bug fixes as well as two new icons, including a spooky Halloween themed icon! Happy Halloween season!
- Apollowe'en icon by the incredibly talented Anthony Piraino from The Iconfactory depicting our loveable hiding under a spooky bedsheet, getting in that Hallowe'en spirit and hoping for some candy, included as this month's Apollo Ultra Icon. But that's not all *infomercial voice*, unlock Apollo Ultra now and you won't get just one new awesome icon, we'll double the offer! TWO ICONS! Also included with Ultra is a new community icon pack called Rimuru, depicting a loveable slime by u/StevSarm.
- Fixes bug where widgets would show posts from the Popular feed rather than posts from your Home feed.
- Fixed bug where when scrolling over a comment it was way too easily to accidentally collapse the comment.
- Fixed bug where when rotating device and then back it could throw you up the feed like a fun but annoying rollercoaster.
- Fixed bug where audio from a previous video could be randomly duplicated into the next video.
- Fixed bug where "comment submitted" banner would sometimes not show up.
- Better error states for widgets.
- Fixes text being cut off when making a cross post.
- Larger accessibility text sizes now better track the system default sizes.
- Filters affect widgets properly (as well as searches).
- Fixed bug where when uploading a bunch of photos Apollo could crash from high memory usage.
- If device has room the Posts Feed Widget will now show 5 entries instead of 4.
- For iOS 14 I changed the option to save photos/GIFs/videos to a specific “Apollo” album due to some permission requirements/changes and made it so saving GIFs and videos requires less permissions.
- If you want to remove r/Popular, r/All, or a Moderator multireddit from the top of your subreddit listing you can simply swipe to do so, or re-enable it via Settings tab > General.
- General bug fixes for widgets and other general parts across the app to make everything even smoother.
And of course all the goodies from 1.10 and 1.9:
- Awesome, customizable iOS 14 home screen widgets to show posts, shortcuts, and more! To add, simply long-press on the home screen, tap the + in the top corner, and select Apollo!
- Picture in Picture video so you can continue watching video from Apollo when you're doing other things!
- Viewing and performing crosspots!
- Icons/images in flair!
- Set your own flair! Simply go to the subreddit of your choosing, and you can choose from a list of customizable flairs!
- Tap on the long flair to bring up a window that expands it fully!
- If the subreddit lets users tag their posts with individual flairs, you can now simply tap on that flair and Apollo will show you all the other posts in the subreddit that have been tagged with that same flair.
- 5 new icons, the first three are Ultra icons, all made by the incredibly talented designer, Matthew Skiles! Next, we have a beautiful new icon representing the trans pride flag (originally by Monica Helms), which came out awesome! And our incredible community designer, FutureIncident, created the Japanese-inspired Apollo-san icon!
- Detect if the language of a comment or post is different than the language of your iOS device, and if so, offer to quickly translate it so you can understand the conversation!
- New auto-completing window that makes it super fast to search and add subreddits.
- Two handy new additions to collapsing comments in Apollo. The first, Apollo will show you at a glance how many comments are in the collapsed conversation. Second, if you collapse a bunch of comments, and then come back to that same comment section later, Apollo will now remember which comments you had collapsed, and keep them collapsed for you!
Thank you so much! I really hope you enjoy the update! More to come!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best app ever?
Seriously this is the best app I’ve ever used. Sleek, responsive, super easy to use, destroys the competition and best of all its freeeeee. And the pro version of the app is 100% worth it unless you don’t reddit on mobile that often and even then I think it’s hella worth. Now I use my mobile to surf reddit instead of my desktop lol.
Just a few notes I wanted to leave for the dev. Just nip pick stuff nothing serious. 1.) Is there anyway you could make the upvote and downvote buttons slightly bigger..? I find myself fat fingering and opening things that are already right in front of me. 2.) I had trouble tipping to upgrade to pro when I tried. Idk if it’s on your end or stupid Apple Pay crap but when I would click the tips it would just forever lag. I tried multiple times and after several attempts today I finally got it to go through. Just figured it was worth checking into Incase it’s happening to others too. 3.) The only thing missing in the comment selector(three lil dots) is a block the user option. That’s the only problem I’ve had with this app really and I’d really like to see that added at some point.
Thanks for all your hard work and great job on a fantastic app. Who knows maybe reddit will wise and make Apollo the official reddit app and stop trying to compete with real deal 🤟
Absolutely Stellar App, Developer is 🔥
Apollo is by far the most-used app on my phone (and now I have the ScreenTime reports to prove it). It is orders of magnitude better than the “official” reddit app and is superior in every way. It is fast and smooth and packed with features. I especially love that I can pick the theme I want, change the icon, and remove ads! The thing I hated most about the official app was the ads that were disguised as legitimate posts and with Apollo that’s all gone!
I bought the Pro upgrade months ago to gain access to additional features and it was one of the few in-app purchases I have never regretted or felt like wasn’t worth the cost. Today the developer released an update adding a bunch of new features that require a very reasonable (seems underpriced to be honest) monthly subscription, and like a true bro he has the option to unlock it for life with a onetime purchase! I hate monthly and even yearly subscriptions so I especially appreciated this option.
All that by itself should convince you that this app is worth it, but the thing that really seals the deal is the developer. He is amazing. Super active with feedback and very open in his communication about the status of the app’s development and requested features.
Best reddit app
I first got Apollo because of r/iossettups, which almost unanimously said that Apollo is the best reddit app. I went out on a limb and downloaded it, and at first I thought it was trash. However, I tried to give it a chance, and after about two weeks I couldn’t go back to the default app. I don’t usually buy apps, but I decided to make an exception and used one of my gift cards to try Apollo pro. And oh my god, it was an amazing decision. I felt like I had achieved enlightenment, that I had found the one true reddit app. But I wasn’t done yet. I wasn’t in to subscriptions, but this was right around the time I helped start up r/simfascism, and I felt like I really needed notifications. So, I whipped out my gift cards, and ten minutes later, I had purchased Apollo ultra lifetime. It was beautiful, it felt like I was gazing upon a god. Then I stopped using reddit for a while, but once r/nosleep popped up on my radar, I came back. At this current moment I use Apollo mainly to browse text based subreddits, and have become a lurker. However, I must say that Apollo looks and feels like the most well integrated iOS app I’ve seen. Honestly, I could mistake its design for that of a default iOS app. It is worth the money, and y’all should get it.
- Christian Selig
- 120.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Christian Selig 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo Pro $4.99
- Apollo Ultra Monthly $0.99
- Apollo Ultra Lifetime $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.