Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for macOS provides an optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or away from Internet connections.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight and add notes to text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume and relax!
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
Instapaper also offers an optional Instapaper Premium subscription for $2.99/month or $29.99/year. With Instapaper Premium you receive:
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Unlimited highlights and notes.
- Text-to-speech Playlist to seamlessly listen to multiple articles.
- Unlimited use of the speed reading feature to help you get through articles up to 3x faster.
On sign up for Instapaper Premium, payment will be charged to your Apple ID account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
Terms of service: https://www.instapaper.com/terms
* Fixed crash on Ventura
* Search in Article makes it easy to find a term or quote in your article.
* Added Text Justify option to article text settings
* Redesigned text settings panel
* New More menu on the article toolbar makes it faster and easier to access features like Speak and Speed Read
* Added Recently Read sort option
* Added more organize options on long-press archive button in article view
* Other minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Best App Ever.
This is my most favorite app of all time. I read a lot of articles from news sites and blogs. Short form, long form, tech, opinion, basically everything and anything. Instapaper is a great place for me to keep all my favorite articles that I want to read now or later without all the ads and excess. Just the message and that’s it. You can even have Instapaper speed read the articles for you if you’re into that sort of thing, insert notes anywhere into the article, highlight a word and get a definition and/or a Wikipedia snippet right there in the article, there’s dark/light themes, text for people who have dyslexia, change the font by slider to whatever size you want, you can even copy and paste the stripped text wherever you want. Instapaper is an app that you will appreciate so much you’ll be asking where you can donate money to keep it alive forever. It’s the ultimate readers Swiss Army knife.
Needs fixes many fixes - used to be one of my apps ever
Update after developer review: they’re aware of issues and working on fixes and improvements, so that ups it to 3 stars; happy to go 4 stars once the spacing issue is fixed with upper and lower borders on iPhone X in iBooks pagination mode, then 5 stars once they dim out the Home indicator. Thank you for listening, Instapaper folks. 🙌🏼📖📰👀
Update for 7.5.2 on Jan 23, 2018, which purportedly hides Home indicator when you’re in full screen mode, however, I just tried it, in full screen mode, after closing all apps and restarting, and the home indicator is still there no matter what I try. See below comments with hopes those will get fixed as well as they’re still sane after 7.5.2.
Previous: I’ve been a huge fan of Instantpaper for many many years, I love it, but one thing that’s always bugged me, is that there is no full justified text feature to make the margins on either side balance out like you can with Kindle, Nook, iBooks, etc. Also, the pagination feature to use iBooks like page turns on an iPhone 10 just doesn’t work properly, there’s a huge gap at the bottom of every page, while the top part of the screen and the text is way too close to the upper edge, I just need a simple fix, and maybe that will get fixed along with the lack of full justification, that would be so nice, that I would give it five stars again.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for any inconvenience, the home bar hiding works on fast pagination as expected but not iBooks due to some technical differences (which I'd be more than happy to outline the specifics of if you want, just let us know at email@example.com). We should be able to introduce support for it for the iBooks pagination display in a future update. We're also working on a variety of pagination improvements for future releases and I've filed a request for justified text so we can keep it in consideration. Let me know if there's anything else. Cheers!
Update: Crashes all the time
With the new IOS 13 on an iPhone XR, TTS crashes constantly now. It doesn’t matter if I’m in light mode or dark mode, it won’t make it through one article until it crashes. I’m still on a hunt for a replacement app for Instapaper considering how many bugs have yet to be addressed and now these new series of bugs that have cropped up. I even went ahead and paid for the premium part of this app and have regretted it since issues and complaints seem to go unanswered. Please post if you are using a similar app that isn’t plagued with bugs that also has TTS!
I’m really disappointed in this App. This was my go to app for saving and reading articles for later, surpassing Pocket. Now I’ve switched to Pocket bc of the constant bugs that still plague the App that go unanswered AND most importantly the sudden change of our once free services to having to go to their website and pay for the services. I do not just want to give my credit card out without any option for secure payment, and features like text to speech multiple articles while driving are now paid. Change the App back to what it was before, otherwise you would lose another customer to your competitors.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Instant Paper, Inc.
- 16.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Instant Paper, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Instapaper Premium $2.99
- Instapaper Premium $29.99