Use Survey123 to capture reliable data from familiar devices while either online or offline. With surveys published to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, data is securely uploaded to ArcGIS for further analysis.
- Collect data with smart forms.
- Attach photos to your surveys.
- Work online or offline.
- Submit your work directly into ArcGIS.
- Use high-accuracy GNSS receivers.
- Relevant and calculate expressions that remove a value now update the feature layer as expected.
- Leading zeroes are no longer removed from values when submitting through the Inbox.
- Added ability to connect to GNSS receivers with output baud rates other than 4800.
- Fixed a bug causing MP4 attachments to be uploaded as the incorrect content type.
- Fixed a bug causing relevant expressions based on previous questions with default values to not populate as expected.
- Integer choice labels in select_one_from_file questions will now display when loaded from the Inbox.
- Fixed a bug causing select_one questions with autocomplete appearance to not display correctly when a default is applied.
- Fixed a bug causing select_one questions with autocomplete appearance in repeats to display choice names rather than choice labels when navigating between repeat records.
- Fixed a bug causing select_one questions with autocomplete appearance in repeats to only populate a default in the first repeat.
- Fixed a bug where users were unable to download public surveys with anonymous access disabled if saved on ArcGIS Enterprise.
Ratings and Reviews
The app works well overall. BUT, needs an update and improvement for the ending of the survey. What i mean is when users are using the keyboard to enter in a field, when they scroll down the checkmark is not available. They have to try and “push” keyboard down and away to allow check mark to appear. Very clunky, checkmark should always be a banner on the bottom. Also, the checkmark should be changed to a submit button, mostly for the older generations that cant see the check mark easily.
Bug Fixes Please
- if i refresh my survey page, go into a survey, and exit back into the list, any movement on my touchscreen prompts the list to refresh over and over again. i have to force-close the app and reboot everything again for it to mostly return to the same bug. please fix this for more stars.
- please hire UI designers who understand touch screen apps better. this app is clunky and frustrating to deal with due to unclear navigation around the app and large lag times following simple procedures (ie: exiting a survey)
Developer Response ,
Hi Kan ye West. Thanks a lot for reporting this issue. We have not been able to reproduce this particular behavior you describe. We suggest you update the app on your device with the latest version from the Apple store and let us know if the problem persists. If that is the case we would love to hear from you directly. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or log a comment with screenshots in our GeoNet place at https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123
Works well if customized correctly
This app is awesome when designed well by the team who is customizing it. Many of the bugs reported by others are due to how it was customized, not due to Esri. Also they are constantly improving it! You can’t beat the ease of translations and ability to add offline maps to be viewed in the field, even while disconnected from the internet.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 137.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.