Our personal & professional lives don't fit into conventional trends anymore, so why should they fit into a standard task manager? Tasks works with you, not against you.
Things that need to get done don't always have a binary state. They aren't always 'to-do,' and 'done.' That's why you need an app that tracks when you're actually doing something, lets you tag it to suit your needs, and lets you set a priority for individual commitments so nothing falls through the cracks. Items can be in progress, in testing, on hold, and more – and it's all customizable to your specific needs and workflow Statuses like 'Review,' 'Test,' and more are just a few clicks away.
Because the best way to see project progress in in a Kanban view, Tasks has that as well!
Tasks is the task manager you've been waiting for to help take your productivity to the next level and beyond.
Some of Tasks key features include:
* Tags so you can immediately see what phone calls need to be made, or what needs to be collected from the local grocery store.
* Folders, projects, tasks, and sub-tasks so you can organize your life hierarchically in a way that makes sense to you, not the app.
* Create and save smart lists and perform powerful queries across projects.
* Support for a powerful Kanban view, so you'll know which tasks are at in what state and where they need to go next.
* Endless customization on a per-project basis. Tasks can have a notes field, URL field, description field, remarks field and more all depending on a project's needs. Priorities and tags are fully customizable as well.
* Tag and date recommendations that can be used or ignored – it's up to you!
* Attachments including PDFs and images so you always have the information you need when taking on a new item from your to-do list.
* iCloud sync support so your tasks, and their state, always follow you from iPhone to iPad to Mac and back again.
* Apple's latest features and APIs. Home screen widgets, dark mode, split-screen view on iPad, and more are all included to make it easier and faster than ever to get your work done.
* Keyboard and trackpad support – if your iPad is your computer, Tasks has your back.
* Widgets so you have your tasks right on your Home Screen for quick and easy access.
* Siri Shortcuts for all of you power users.
* Tasks adapts its font size to work well with your preference so nothing is too small or too large for your screen.
* Some other features include, Quick notes, Time Sensitive notifications, rich notifications with actions, dark mode and a whole lot more.
Tasks takes your privacy extremely seriously. None of your data ever leaves iCloud and your devices. We can't see it, and we don't want to.
Tasks is a one time purchase across all of your Apple devices, including the Mac app. Pay once, use everywhere.
Updated to take the best of iOS 15 and macOS Monterey, try Tasks on all platforms.
If you have any questions, or run into any trouble, please contact us. We would love to help you out.
This update brings an overdue update with a strong focus on reliability and performance with a stunning new icon designed specially for the Mac!
- More performant and responsive kanban view
- Support for filtering tasks within projects
- Redesigned tasks view
- Improved sidebar
- Improvements to actions on right clicking a task
- Resolves a major crash that would occur with inactivity of the app
- Improvements to iCloud sharing and sync is improved
For users facing issues with sharing, kindly clone the project with the tasks and share that. There was an issue with the previous version which would cause some difficulty.
Kindly reach out to me at email@example.com and I'll help you'll out with any questions personally.
Thank you for being a part of us and we're excited to a really fruitful 2023! Coming up next is a major update on how syncing and collaboration would work, we’re very excited to share that with you’ll soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Good so far
Better than most digital to do lists that I’ve ever worked with, if not all of them. I’ve tried setting up to do list systems using Todoist, Evernote, Milanote, Tot, Sidenote, Google Docs, Keep, Tasks & Sheets, Excel, Trello, Notion, Scrap Paper, Reminders, & many more virtual software projects - none of which ever worked better than my physical notebook…. That is….Until this freaky app caught my normally jaded eyes.
I’m actually happy to open Tasks anytime a new to-do comes to mind, regardless of whether I’m using my Macbook, Phone, or iPad. They’re all pleasant to use & the cross-device sync is even faster & more reliable than iCloud Notes.
I hate writing reviews but Jesus took the wheel here & so I’m reporting to bring the good news. Tasks is the last one I’ll ever need after decades of subpar software. Don’t you want to declutter & shelve your action items using just ONE APP ALONE?!? This is it, boys - you asked and they delivered with frictionless simplicity & smooth ux, Tasks - the FINAL LIST FROM YOUR FINGER LICKIN FANTASY 😋😚
Developer Response ,
I actually was causally walking back home when I got notified about your review and honestly it is why I love doing what I do and brought a tear to my eye! Really glad Tasks clicked for you and checks all of your boxes. I can’t wait to ship the exciting feature and updates and keep blowing you away and hope to keep your jaded eyes fixated on my app!
Thank you for making my day, hope you have a productive time and have fun staying organized!
Two Projects for a Trial
The title speaks for itself. The app: it’s functions, features, custom attributes are well thought out and perform as desired. That’s why it gets 2 stars. It’s nothing special per any other Tasks app except for how colorful it is. I will say similar yet better is the amount of colors that can be assigned per a project is wonderfully surprising vs. the native Reminders app.
Here’s the rub — Per the title, only two (2) projects and a third project pulls up the window pane to purchase the app and make it licensed. I think a trial for two projects is absurd. Give us at least 5 before requiring purchase. It just make me want to go back and use the Reminders app especially after looking at your pricing. Talk about greedy. If you’re going to charge a yearly fee it better come with new features monthly instead of additional users — this likely doesn’t help the average consumer. Ever heard of a tiered pricing structure for enabling features or added bonuses or a one time fee for X something or another? You’re app is just too expensive for what you get. I’ll go back to Reminders or another app called TickTick is also free regardless the amount of projects or tasks you add.
Great app even greater developer
I’ve been using this app since the beta. It has a native iOS feel, more customization options than most task apps by larger companies and on top of that the developer is super responsive. All this from a developer that’s a 1 man team. Matter of fact I had a suggestion for a feature that would be super helpful to me and the developer responded agreeing it would be a great feature then a month later when that feature rolled out, he remembered me and contacted me directly letting me know he added and asked me to check out. Again the app is great, and the developer is dedicated to making sure he delivers great value to his customers. Can’t get better than that!
Developer Response ,
It’s a pleasure to have to right from the start of the journey. Thank you for your support all along. The best feedback and feature suggestions comes from users such as yourself. I hope to make it simple and customizable at the same time. Providing the best support is something I believe is extremely important and strive hard to achieve and will continue to do so. Looking forward to taking the app to the next level. Glad you’ve enjoyed the app and got your money’s worth. You know where to reach me for any feedback. Stay safe.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mustafa Yusuf
- 45.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Mustafa Yusuf
- In-App Purchases
- Tasks Plus Lifetime $59.99
- Tasks Plus $19.99
- Tasks Family Plus $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.