Taking a road trip up the coast? On holiday? Or just looking for the right beach for you? Find your nearest beaches in seconds.
Brought to you by Surf Life Saving Australia, the Beachsafe app includes the location, weather, surf conditions and hazards plus the local facilities for all Australian beaches. Importantly, the current lifesaving service for each beach is listed to help you find the nearest patrolled beach. Beachsafe also provides expert advice about rip currents, flags and signs, waves, marine creatures, surf skills and more.
SLSA recommends swimming at patrolled beaches, between the red and yellow flags.
Find a beach
• Find beaches near you with your device’s GPS
• Use the map view to quickly locate beaches near you
• Search for a town, city, region or beach
• Save your favourite beaches
Patrol service information
• Quickly and easily see if a beach is patrolled by surf lifesavers or lifeguards
• Find out when a beach will be patrolled using the future search function
• View detailed weather forecasts
• See the tide information
• Check the swell and wind forecast
• Push notifications - Beach closures and major hazard alerts for Beaches that you follow
• Review a beach’s hazard rating
• Read detailed summaries of each beach written by coastal safety experts
• See hazard information about a patrolled beach including rip currents, stingers and sharks when these have been entered by surf lifesavers or lifeguards
• How to identify and escape rip currents
• Lifeguard’s top tips
• Read about flags and signs
• Waves and weather
• Surf skills
• Marine creatures
• First aid advice
• And more…
The Beachsafe app was produced in conjunction with SLSA's beach safety website beachsafe.org.au.
If you find this app useful and you wish to help support Surf Life Saving Australia and our 160,000 volunteers, please visit https://sls.com.au.
Be safe at the beach, get Beachsafe.
* bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Rip = R.I.P.
This application is fantastic! I highly recommend it... The only thing I would suggest is to add a section detailing how to read and understand our beaches rips... Unfortunately many people die on the un-patrolled beaches every year as not everyone has skills to see deadly rips... It really would be a useful and I strongly believe necessary add on to this application that could very well save lives... Even if it only saved one life this promising summer it would be worth the time implementing it into this already great app.
Great for local information
I have only discovered this app and we live very close to beaches. I always worry about getting in the water when our beaches are not patrolled. This app helps me with looking for patrolled beaches and times they will be patrolled. It also teaches me the signs of currents and other useful information.
It is a very informative app that every Australia should have on their phone.
Thank you and I hope it can be promoted for more Australians and overseas visitors
Amazing but one problem
It is such a good app for beach goers but the only problem is, is that when you try to login it doesn't have a button to let you in so you can enter your details but nothing will enter it. Great app otherwise
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.