The Australian app has been redesigned with a host of new features including improved navigation, story sharing and saving, and rich interactive stories. Delivered to your iPad and iPhone every morning, browse stories just like reading the paper, with interactive features, full screen galleries and video.
Subscribers to The Australian have access to:
· Award-winning journalism: news from Australia and around the world – leading opinion, commentary and analysis from the most experienced journalists and correspondents and trusted sources including The Times of London, The Wall Street Journal and The Economist.
· Market-leading business coverage: The Australian Business Review each day in The Australian includes comprehensive coverage across every sector - Companies and Markets, Financial Services, Commercial Property, Business Gossip, Mergers & Acquisition
· Unrivalled weekly industry coverage: Media, IT, Higher Education, Technology, Legal Affairs and Aviation
· The Australian’s magazines and in-depth sections, including Review, Inquirer, The Deal, WISH and The Weekend Australian Magazine as well as special liftouts like Mansion Australia.
· Challenging mind games with daily crosswords from The Times and Sunday Times plus Sudoku puzzles and the daily general knowledge quiz
· Browse online, offline, anytime
· Full access to the digital print edition, a digital replica of the paper exactly as it was printed, including all magazines and liftouts and access and store previous editions.
Please note: This App supports iPads & iPhones on iOS9 and above.
NB: Please be advised that with the release of Version 6.0 and our improvements to the Digital Print Edition platform user's archive of Digital Print Editions will no longer be available to view.
How to gain full access to the app's content and features
1: Subscribe through the App (via iTunes) for a monthly recurring subscription of $33.99 per month and receive your first month FREE.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
2: Subscribers to The Australian with digital access may login to the app when prompted using their subscription credentials.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
- Lookup feature added to app
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I enjoy the Australian each day online using the app. The great advantage of this system of receiving daily news can work as well overseas apart from when unable to download due to lack of internet or brief internet availability. For example in Cuba one hour of poor internet access cost a CUC ($4.00 approx). To read later offline each headline had to be downloaded separately. At other destinations where internet is unavailable you cannot access back copies at a later date. On cruise liners for example internet is very expensive. Accessing the Australian in one hit would be preferable, rather than methodically downloading each article which occasionally has mysteriously not been saved for later reading. It looks like this problem has been discussed in other communication by different readers. Thanks.
Developer Response ,
Hello, you will be able to use your mobile data in the next app release to download your app edition if WiFi is not available. We hope this helps. Regards, the Australian
The latest version is still unstable.
Crashes 10 times on startup. Deleted the app and start again. Does not crash the whole ipad anymore but still crashes swapping between articles a d in particular on startup. Seems content related. Sometimes worse then others. Internet not a problem.
I used to be able to email my blind mate who could read articles using his reader direct from the newspaper as read. Now it puts it in a box which is useless as you cannot do anything with it.
No point sending a link as he cannot navigate.
Define is back.
Clip does not always work if there are tables and sometimes does not work at all...seems to be at the bottom of the page. Go figure.
Yes, you can email, but with 7 steps instead of 1.
Comments just buzz around on my ipad but sometimes stall unless log in and out.
Now limited to 21 instead of 28.
Comment editing works ONLY when replying in review all comments mode. Never on a prime entry.
Content sharing with the times can be spurious which is not up to normal standard of writing and editing.
E-mailing the actual article direct from the main news pain would be great if it was the article.
If we did not lose functionality i would say great job, cleaner and faster.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the feedback on our app update. If you log out of the app and log back in, you should be able to see comments and join the debate. If you still have the issue, please call our customer service team on 1300 696 397. You can log out in the settings.
Improving step by step
Comparison of content of the online version with the broadsheet hard copy shows that they are generally close, but not yet uniformly. Although indifferent proofreading is not peculiar to either, one could also wish for higher standards. Why, for example, do we have to put up with so much indifferent grammar and syntax, poor punctuation and confused vocabulary? (The next time I see 'reluctant' where 'reticent' was clearly intended, I shall probably write a letter to the editor—again. And there are so many other pairs of muddled words.)
Moreover, at least twice a week, online comments cannot be “Liked” because “Like” is unresponsive — profoundly irritating.
- News Digital Media
- 115.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nationwide News Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The Australian App $33.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.