Watch and explore the events of Gallipoli as and where they happened in a 3D map space. From the first sightings of British Naval ships by Ottoman platoons and the unfolding chaos of the pre-dawn landings, to the ANZAC struggle to make gains in the unforgiving terrain. An entirely new way to look at the Gallipoli Campaign produced by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the ABC.
• Spectacular cinematics feature pivotal moments throughout the day.
• Accurate, interactive 3D map spaces pinpoint events across the day.
• 3D models of military hardware showcase the technology available to the opposing sides in battle.
• Veteran video accounts and audio war diaries, read by Hugo Weaving and others, bring the poignant experiences to life.
• Video commentary by historians including Harvey Broadbent and Les Carlyon; the Governor General Sir Peter Cosgrove; former Prime Minister John Howard and many more.
• Personnel records, archival photographs and military trees detail some of the thousands of soldiers who fought on the day.
• Users progress rewarded with an increase in rank and specialist medals.
A completely remastered edition of the AFI award-winning documentary, originally published online in 2009.
This release makes Gallipoli compatible with the latest version of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Found a solution for the sound problem
If you don’t have any sound you need to put earphones in to be able to hear it. It’s a really good app and works perfectly fine for me.
It takes a long time to install
I've gone through the website version of this and I loved it. It was pretty much like watching a tv show that you could interact with. It also really gives you an idea of what happened that day and why it happened.
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- 995.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.