Meet your Google Assistant. Ask it questions. Tell it to do things. It’s your own personal Google, always ready to help.
Find answers and get things done while on-the-go with the help of your Google Assistant. Remind yourself to stop by the store, pull up your travel photos to show a friend, or make a dinner reservation.
With the Assistant app, you can:
- Make quick phone calls (e.g. "Call Mum.")
- Send text messages (e.g. "Text my bestie.")
- Email your boss (e.g. "- Send emails (e.g. "Email the latest sales report to my boss")
- Set reminders (e.g. "Remind me to buy a birthday gift for Sarah.")
- Set calendar events (e.g. "Set a calendar event for dinner with Charlie tomorrow from 7-9.")
- Play music (e.g. "Play jazz music on YouTube.")
- Navigate places (e.g. "Get me directions home.")
- Weather information (e.g. "Do I need an umbrella today?")
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We've updated the app to bring you the best Assistant experience. This release includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Suggestions for future versions
For the iOS version the app may benefit from a ‘complication’ so people can easily use the assistant with the Apple Watch.
Also, would like to see accessibility of ones ‘lists’ within the app, as loading outside the app seems to get blocked.
Not sure if other people would like it but perhaps emergency notifications (eg flooding, storms, bushfires) based on location, pushed to the user in emergencies. Yes it hopefully wouldn’t be triggered often but imagine google assistant and google home saving lives!
Needs the New version
A few minor issues like the microphone is not sensitive enough another time is is too sensitive. I’m getting really sick of telling Google to do five things in sequence so please update this version with the routines in it like you have for the USA.
Excellent with Google home
My house is fitted with multiple google homes and I adore its features. However knowing I can now turn lights, tvs, music etc on via this app when I’m away makes it even better. I also enjoy sustains my shopping list from anywhere in the house to google home and then accessing it via this app. I could go on for ever about how user friendly it is. I have not experienced any major issues so far so have given 5 stars.
- Google LLC
- 222.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.