Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
The best photo product on Earth – The Verge
Google Photos is your new essential picture app – Wired
Upload the pictures and let Google Photos do the rest – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets that you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos that you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
• FREE STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free for up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD and access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure and private to you.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
Thanks for using Google Photos. This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
We've fixed user-reported issues and added new features to help you do more in Google Photos.
Ratings and Reviews
A bit of getting used to ......
Its a good way, great infact, to store your photos to relieve your ever expanding icloud storage problem.
Whereas icloud virtually does everything for you once you have taken your shot, Google is a little more hands-on. Its not a bad thing, just most of us have become lazy and have to learn it all over.
However, once you get used to moving your way around it you'll find plenty of support and a fairly common sensical approach.
There is an assistant who is there to gather your photos into groups - as it sees it, and im not sure this is altogether necessary, im pretty sure most of us know who our friends & family members are - the assistant puts them all into fancy collages and albums etc. Im still fairly new and so far the only action im having a bit of trouble with is the great ability to write some info under each photo, we do forget things and it will be good to be able to read abit about what was happening etc, but so far, although ive written info under several photos, i havent yet been able to see it, well its not in the camera roll daily thingo, mabe in an album it can be viewed. Ill find out soon anyway.
Altogether, better than icloud, in fact ive turned icoud drive off, it has a terrific editingtool, and then when you think you have it perfect Google asks you if you would mind if they did one last modification and boom - then it really IS perfect !!
I seem to get a little #1 on the app icon everyday, as if to say I have a notification! But when I open the app there is no notification, seems google just want you to click on their app once a day for whatever reason??? If you open the app then immediately close it, it won’t hassle you again today, but tomorrow we go through it again. I try my best to support all google products only to find fault, on the 30 or so occasions I’ve had to deal with customer support with both a bug report and a FIX for them, half the time a patch is written that night with an update available the following morning, AWESOME!!! The other half of the time I felt 100% ignored. This 50% success rate of google actually listening to your legitimate complaint makes them the leaders of many industries, as most companies won’t change their product to suit you, they will give you a walk through on how to use their product but if you’re going to complain most companies will ignore you, not at Google! If your complaint sounds legitimate and can be fixed, Google will get straight onto it. This is a FIVE star product that only lets itself down by scamming you into clicking on it once a day by way of a fake notification that doesn’t exist when you get there. The reason for one star is, if you don’t get 5 you get 1, as I don’t read reviews rating 2, 3 or four stars & assume either do many people. That’s all folks ;)
I love this app, its easy to use and frees up valuable space on my iPhone. It’s amazing that we are given basically unlimited storage space, i was able to give up paying AU$10 a month for other cloud storage. My only complaint is how incredibly SLOW it is to upload your photo library initially. I had a little over 1000 pics on my phone and it’s been uploading almost constantly (I work from home so I can leave the app running day and night) and it’s been 4 days of uploading! I guess we can’t expect lightning fast speeds from a free program and once the initial upload is completed it should be quick and easy to keep on top of thereafter.
I do have one request, I don’t like the idea of all my precious memories being in only ONE location. Imagine someone gets my password and just to be a jerk they delete all my pics! Could happen! So I bought a little 2TB external drive to make sure I have them stored somewhere else, it would be great if there was some way to easily copy the contents of my google photos account to the drive.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 181 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB Month $2.99
- 100 GB Annual $30.99
- 200 GB Month $4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.