When your home works for you, your life gets easier.
Connect via Google Home or Amazon Echo, set up automated actions which are triggered by temperature or time, and get real-time notifications straight to your smartphone. Kogan Smarter Home takes the hassle out of everyday so you can get more done.
* Remotely control your compatible Kogan Smart devices
* Voice control via Amazon Echo & Google Home
* Receive real-time alerts and notifications
* Add and control multiple devices
* Automate your devices to stop/start based on location, temperature, time & more
* Clear interface that’s simple to use and easy to understand
* Save actions and preferences to customise your experience
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Edited review after app update
I’m disappointed in the timer function in the app. I would much rather be able to set my heater to be automatically turned on at a specific time and off at another, say 15:00-22:00, than turning it on when I’m on my way home and instructing it to turn off after 7 hours. Not sure if this makes sense to anyone that doesn’t already have the wifi heater and this app. The whole scene/scenario functions is as far as I can see pretty useless for me. Hoping I have just misunderstood this function or missed another.
The app is now updated with a schedule function where you can schedule the heater to turn on and off at certain times and days. For some reason you have to have one schedule to turn it on and one to turn it off, but that is a minor concern.
Great app just lacking in some areas.
I think what Kogan is doing is great they’re supporting major voice assistants however one thing I would like to see is HomeKit compatibility on new and old devices I know some device types aren’t yet supported but most of the range is with the exception of the robotic vacuum and the aroma diffuser. As I HomeKit user myself with a number of devices set up and controllable via Siri and the home app I think that this would be a great addition to the app or products as would open the platform up to people that require HomeKit functionality for voice control on devices such as HomePod and Apple TV. Please Kogan consider this and make the right choice to add Apple HomeKit support to the SmarterHome lineup.
Some glaring issues
I’d really like to see these issues get fixed so I can give it more stars:
1. Stop moving the buttons around when I’m trying to press them. After launching the app, my list of devices are shown and as I try to turn one on/off, they all shuffle down to make room for the weather forecast and scene shortcuts?? Just leave a fixed space at the top for those things so I don’t end up accidentally turning the wrong thing off please.
2. When is Kogan ever going to respond to support requests submitted via the app? I’ve submitted two now and they’ve been sitting in my ticket list in the app for over a month with no replay.
- KOGAN.COM PTY LTD
- 118.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2018 - Kogan.com. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.