Macquarie’s new Mobile Banking app is the exciting and easy way for you to do your banking and budgeting in real time and on-the-go! The app gives you access to your Macquarie Credit Cards, Macquarie Home Loans, Cash Management Accounts and our brand new Macquarie Transaction and Savings accounts - anytime, anywhere.
Smarter features include:
• Apple Pay. Simply open the Apple Wallet app to add your Macquarie Credit or Debit Card. Start using your iPhone or Apple Watch to make payments where Tap and Go payments are accepted.
• 4-digit login, FaceID or TouchID (on compatible devices) for even faster access to your accounts
• View the balances of accounts you choose without needing to log in
• Real time balances and transaction records for each of your supported Macquarie accounts
• Immediate payments to BPAY Billers and Funds Transfer payees saved using Macquarie Online, or set up someone new from within the app
• Easily retrieve account information such as interest earned, credit card reward points and more
• Added security with real time notifications whenever your Macquarie credit card or debit card is used
• Temporarily block your credit or debit card, giving you peace of mind if you leave your card behind
• Activate and change the PIN for your debit and credit cards inside the app (please note this feature is currently only available for some customers)
* For further details about the Macquarie Mobile Banking app, please contact Macquarie’s Service Sales Centre & Operations team on 133 174.
The app requests the following permissions:
• Push notifications: Receive push notifications for transactions and activity on your account.
You can now create a PayID with your mobile number and link to your Macquarie account to receive real time payments.
Ratings and Reviews
Best banking App!
Love this app and the features offered by Macquarie. Great financial products that are extremely competitive and apps are very useful.
A few suggestions that would make the app a leader well ahead of the pack:
1. Budgets - Allow budgets to be created at the parent category level - this is very useful for things like mobile phone and internet services where it’s a fixed monthly amount every month
2. Categories - I have to change it every time, just remember what I set the category for that merchant to be. Would love my own categories too. CBA do this well.
3. The search has a slow UI behaviour sometimes, especially when you have to wait a second for it to load the transactions in a single category
4. Upcoming payments - I’d love to see a list of direct debit schedules on a calendar, that way I know on any given day what I’m going to be charged for
6. Can you increase some of the font sizes on a desktop browser?
It’d be AMAZING if categories worked off a variable dollar or threshold amount for the merchant. E.g. I might buy lunch one day from my coffee shop, the transaction value is going to be irregular (e.g $15) compared to my normal spend for a coffee ($4) and category being ‘coffee’, it’d be great if the category changed to be ‘meals’ on it’s own based off the dollar amount.
Best of the banks but a few annoyances..
Use most of the banks apps and find this the best. Apple Pay definitely a stand out.
Main annoyance is around the expense categorising. It’s a great feature but issues with implementation : doesn’t seem to recognise internal transfers consistently (would think that would be the easiest to get right) and never seems to remember how I categorise billers/payees. Means I have to spend a lot of time reclassifying. In the mobile app the main summary screen doesn’t then update once I have reclassified so you can’t see the impact of what you have done unless you log off and then login. Fix that and would be five stars.
Best Macquarie app but one small thing.
I’m gonna keep this simple. I really like the app! Fun and easy to use. All I would like to say is that there is only one small problem. If you make an extra bank account or another bank account on accident, can you let us delete it if possible not via the website but on the app. Like when we click the account and say delete it a sign should always pop up and say “You have money in this account can not delete until all transferred!”, or something like that. I would really appreciate it if you guys could add this change. Anyways thanks for the magnificent app!!!
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.