IMPORTANT: Your child care service must enable functionality in order to use My Family Lounge. Please contact your service to see if this is possible.
My Family Lounge allows parents/guardians to view their child's portfolio and book their children in to a child care service where the service subscribes to this app.
My Family Lounge gives the parent one easy-to-use place to view any published daily journals, observations and images.
My Family Lounge gives the parent the flexibility to instantly book in casual days at the press of a few buttons, securing their place at the service instantly. The booking calendar will confirm availability and allow the parent to see when their child is booked in and if there are additional positions available.
Where a child care service has subscribed to the QK Journeys or QK Enrol products distributed by QK Technologies, parents are issued with a login to manage their child’s portfolio or bookings.
The key features are:
• View and update your pay method
• View your child's portfolio (published daily journals and observations)
• View and share images of your child
• Subscribe to push notifications which are published whenever new content is available
• See live availability of places within a service
• Manage 1 or more children from a single login
• Manage casual bookings for Long Day Care, Outside School Hours Care and/or Vacation Care
• Cancel bookings where the service's policy allows
• Flag that your child will be absent due to illness or holidays
• View contact details for your centre
Parents can mark their session as absent today or in the future.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a good starting point.
This app is used by my child day care. For its current provisions and offering it is fine. Some photos don’t load and it alerts me to new content when there isn’t any. This app is so many lost opportunities though.
• family input, would be great to upload family input direct into the app.
• child info, nappy changes, food and fluid consumption etc. this should be able to be recorded and viewed electronically!!
• comments section for parents to post back live comments to journals for educators to share with kids. So kids can feel connected as well as parents.
Improvements such as these could really make this app shine.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. I've forwarded it to our product managers. Regarding your issues: photos should always load and you shouldn't be receiving spurious push notifications for missing content. We'll take a look.
Please add reminders & at a glance schedule for multiple kids
This app is fine albeit a little clumsy.
Adding the following functionality for casual bookings would help:
*option for app to remind parents of upcoming bookings especially if casual (our ASC has a big problem with non-notification of absences)
*calendar displays bookings one child at a time and one booking type (before school care / after school care / vacation care) at a time. To see all casual bookings requires 3 different views per child. Please add functionality to view ALL bookings for ALL children in one screen
*how many spots left OR book multiple kids in together (I have more than 1 child at the centre. The app requires individual booking. There’s no point booking one child in only to discover there isn’t space for another one of my kids)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, I've forwarded it to our product managers. Regarding your third point: child care services have an option to show or hide places available in the app. If they want to turn it on the option is under "Service Settings" > "Casual Booking" > "Show available places to parents." This is something your child care service has to do in QK Enrol (the website that they use to manage the app). Thanks again!
The app works great for bookings. However having past centre information showing on the booking screen and contacts page is VERY confusing please allow this information to be removed once a child is no longer enrolled or active at a centre or even just moved to the bottom of the list under a heading “past centres”. My child is 7 she will not be booking into the centre she attended when she was 14 months old. Also the highlighting on the bookings calendar is confusing with the strip of colour at the bottom and date at the top, colouring the full square would make it clearer. Look forward to future updates.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- QK Technologies Pty Ltd
- 172 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019 QK Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.