The Australian Financial Review App - The Daily Habit Of Successful People.
Named Newspaper App of the Year at the 2016 PANPA Awards, The Australian Financial Review app delivers curated commentary and analysis in Business, Politics, Markets, Technology and much more.
- Immerse yourself in the full suite of The Australian Financial Review’s daily and weekly sections, including Street Talk, Companies and Markets, Opinion and Rear Window
- An editorially curated experience will ensure you’re fully informed of current news, which is updated throughout the day
- The full edition of the AFR's magazines, including AFR Magazine, BOSS, Luxury and The Sophisticated Traveller, provide thought-provoking and entertaining reading
- Access to stock quotes and market data.
- Quickly find the nation's most trusted finance, business and political news as it happens
- The app's smooth experience gives you access to all the latest news and a snapshot of our best magazine content.
No matter what device you're on, the app will let you know when there is a big story breaking using push notifications.
The app is free to download, and you can unlock unlimited access to all content with a subscription directly through Fairfax Media, or make an in-app purchase through the App Store.
Additional information about Apple subscriptions:
- Purchase of an auto-renewable, weekly subscription is required to access content on The Australian Financial Review app
- Subscriptions are available for 1 week for AU$12.99 (or local currency equivalent)
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes App Store Account Settings after purchase
- Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period for AU$12.99 (or local currency equivalent)
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- terms and conditions https://login.nine.com.au/terms?client_id=afr
This app features Nielsen's proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research or audience ratings services. Please see http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information
Thanks for using the Financial Review app. In this update we have made some bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Reading the articles
I have been so totally spoilt by the SMH and The Age apps for iPad , so not having the ability to tap on an article and read it in text mode is a major access flaw in this app, having to enlarge by dragging is not a good enough experience, especially for a premium priced app.
Next, whilst the app is fine, again unlike the SMH or Age app, there is no access available to the web version... it’s says not a subscriber and in contacting AFR support, they say they can’t see the subscription because it comes out of Apple... this is totally weird and very unsatisfactory customer experience
Can do a lot better, people
Content is great, the app is lacking
While I greatly enjoy the articles using the app on the iPhone is somewhat lacking. It does not remember read articles: many times I read articles which are the marked grey, only to later on be marked back to unread. This makes it hard to make sure I’ve read it all. Secondly, I can’t seem to find a way to save the articles? Lastly it would be really great if there was a sync between the web site and the app. For example, I will read some articles on my PAC during lunch at work, and catch up on the app in the afternoon. Wouldn’t it be great if the read articles would be marked as such on the app. Other than that, not too bad.
Links don’t work.
The app experience falls far short of expectations. It’s better value reading the mobile site
When reading and article with links to previous articles there is nowhere to save the link so you can read the related article after you have finished reading the current one.
In addition, even though you pay for a subscription via the App Store; often clicking on an article link takes you to a mobile site that asks you subscribe to read the requested article.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Fairfax Media Management Pty Ltd.
- 98.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Fairfax Digital Australia & New Zealand Pty Limited
- In-App Purchases
- The Australian Financial Review app subscription $12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.