TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Updated train set type descriptions to add NIF and Private services
- Updated Dropbox authentication to support refresh tokens (required for future compatibility)
- Fixed bug where bus trips were sometimes not reversible after a route change
- Fixed missing error message when no services found in next 7 days
Ratings and Reviews
New version has an awful bug
Regretting updating to the latest version - previously this was so reliable and showed each bus as it passed my stop, with an indicator of whether it was late or early. Now it's showing them in my trip list as the time they're SCHEDULED to hit my stop, but without indicating whether they have or not - meaning that I have to click into that bus to see where it's tracking in real time. As Sydney buses are notoriously unreliable, you can see where this is headed. Of the five buses "next in line" on my timetable, four have actually already passed and are three stops up the road. Makes using the app very frustrating, and I would love if it reverted to the previous style, when real time tracking determined the order in which buses appeared. (Formerly I would have given this five stars, it's actually the one app I recommend to everyone, as it's been indispensable these past 4 years. This new "functionality", if that's what it is, has turned what I considered an exceptional app into a very average one, no better than the fixed timetables at each stop; basically, I'm turning up and hoping for the best.)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. We haven't made any changes in this area, and haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Perhaps it's a data issue specific to your stop. If you can provide more details (e.g. some screenshots showing the problem) we can certainly take a look.
First place I go to to check transport options
SO helpful! Keeps you updated re arrival & departure times. Makes checking transport options much easier as it’s all available in one app. Hav recommended to visitors and locals alike. Love it!
My go to app when planning a trip on public transport. Have also recommended this app to travellers to help them get around Sydney. Regular updates keep u well informed. And u can follow yr trip route on a map-helpful in so many ways. A must have app for everyone. One of my favourites! Well done🥇
One app I wouldn’t be without! Hav also recommended this app as a must have to friends and travellers to Sydney. Agree with the above comments: keeps u well updated, informed and makes getting around on public transport SO much easier. Congrats to whoever designed this app-it is so USER FRIENDLY! One of my favourites-“🎶u r simply the best🎶”
Less buttons to press
It’s really annoying that you have to press around 7 buttons before you can get to your trip. Just instantly let me type in the name without having to press the search button first!!! Everyone hates this. Also it’s frustrating when you have to save a journey first - I never want to save my journey! I’m always in a. Rush so need info ASAP! Find the journey first by immediately letting me type in the name of ‘from’ location, then ‘to’ location then AFTER - you can give me the option to save the journey. It’s so easy to fix and would be a million times more user friendly I can promise! Also it’s really annoying when doing a bus train ferry connection and you have to type in seperately all 3. Just connect them! People aren’t stupid - they will see the breakdown of the 3 service types when then click into the trip. It’s honestly impossible to plan a trip on more than one transport type. Also - no one knows bud station names!!! You just need to let us navigate to the address and you need to best select the closest bus station. That must be infuriating for bus people
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TripView Pty Ltd
- 24.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires a Mac with Apple M1 chip and macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008 - 2020 TripView Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.