Get the news you need with the National Post app for iPhone and iPad. Find insight on demand from our best columnists. Go deep on the topics that matter to you with our comprehensive explainers. Lose yourself in our rich storytelling, which features captivating photo and video galleries.
• Breaking news alerts: news as it happens;
• Showcasing award-winning photos and unique videos;
• Spread the news: share the latest updates via email, Facebook, Twitter, and more
iPhone users can continue to enjoy the latest stories and multimedia features without a subscription.
iPad users can access 10 free articles every 30 days, to sample the wide variety of breaking news and special features – plus extensive photo and video coverage. National Post home delivery print subscribers receive unlimited access to the National Post on the iPad, included as part of their print subscription and can gain access by simply signing in with their existing account when prompted. If you’re not an existing print subscriber, you can easily subscribe through iTunes.
Subscription Details for iPad Users
• Monthly subscription cost: $9.99 plus applicable taxes.
• Complete the subscription in iTunes. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for $9.99 each month within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
We appreciate and value your feedback. Please send any comments, suggestions or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Freezes and crashes
This app used to work just fine but in the last several weeks it either freezes or crashes when I open a story. I really hope this will be fixed soon as I enjoy the articles and editorials in the National Post.
Developer Response ,
Please be advised that we have been experiencing technical issues with the National Post Mobile App which may have resulted in consistent crashing. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
The issues have since been resolved with a new version that offers a seamless experience. You can now download the new version 4.4.2 through App Store.
We value your feedback and thank you for your continued support and readership.
Thank you for finally updating the app! I love NP but refused to have the old app on my phone as it was, well, garbage. NP is my favourite Canadian news source and I’m glad they finally have an app to match the quality of their reporting! Loving the iPhone X support too - awesome!
Recently the app freezes, then crashes, when trying to scroll through article headline Pages (top stories/full comment, etc.).
Also, the support link does not link to any form of support, like reporting bugs!!
- Postmedia Network Inc.
- 148 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2008 - 2017 Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved. Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited.
- In-App Purchases
- The National Post $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.