Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil, or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools. Then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
•Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
•Customize lists by choosing from new bullet types, changing the size and color of bullets, creating custom bullets, adjusting indentation levels, and more.
•Choose Learn Spelling to add a word to the spelling dictionary.
•Create links from text to other pages in a page layout document.
•Copy and paste pages or sections between documents.
•Use new chart editing capabilities to change the style of individual series, adjust spacing between columns, add trendlines, and more.
•Adjust the appearance of cell borders in tables.
•Place images, shapes, and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
•Choose whether Apple Pencil is used for drawing or to select and scroll — or toggle between these options via double-tap using a supported Apple Pencil.
•Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
•Reapply a master page so text and media placeholders return to their default style and position.
•Create books using new templates for novels (available in English only).
Ratings and Reviews
Please Fix Pages!!!
What I Appreciate:
Thank you for adding the ability to use the Apple Pencil. That is great and I am very happy.
I generally appreciate most everything about Pages. It is my preferred word processor. I use it each week to publish newsletters, and various other communications pieces.
What Needs Fixing
When using the “Tab Flyer” template, I cannot add photos, from my Photos without the App crashing or freezing up my iPad Pro.
Also, when I tap to add a photo, often times (not always), I can’t even scroll through my Photos roll.
What Needs to Be Added
Something that I wish Pages for IOS had was the ability to generate a Table of Contents, automatically, based on the various heading styles to choose from. Something like you can do in the desktop version of Microsoft Word-only better.
Please keep adding features to the IOS version of Pages. Now that the iPad Pro is out and powerful, some of us are switching to these devices as our primary computing device (I do not use my laptop much anymore). Having full features on this app would be very helpful.
I love this app a lot! I use it for when I have to write an essay or something and I can't get to a computer but there are a few things that is not an option that I think it needs to make it completely capable for writing essays.
- A button for indentation
- The option of having a specific header for the first page
- It would be nice if you could be able to put specific documents into albums so that it is more organized
Other than those few things I think this is the best app for writing and is the most similar to Microsoft Word than any other I have tried!
I love using this app to write mini stories. There is one thing that I think you should add; on the ‘page number’ file, I think you should add: Roman Numerals, (ex. I, II III) and just numbers (ex. One, Two, Three)
If you can’t it fine, but it would be a pretty cool feature.
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 484.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.