Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters, and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, tables, charts, and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad and iPhone.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon, and fill tools, then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
• Convert your handwritten words to typed text with Scribble and Apple Pencil
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• See a list of recent changes in collaborative documents, including when people join, comment, and make edits
• Available for documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 90 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters, and more
• Use Screen View on iPhone to automatically display text, images, and other elements in a continuous flow optimized to fit your screen so documents are even easier to read and edit
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
• Quickly open password-protected documents using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create page templates to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view character, word, and paragraph counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail or Messages
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, RTF, TXT, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Bring new dimension to your documents with 3D objects in USDZ format
• Make your documents more expressive by adding Stickers*
• See inline predictions for text as you type*
• Easily begin collaborating on a document with others while on a FaceTime call*
• Find and open suggested documents when searching for Pages with Spotlight*
• Drag documents to the Pages icon on your Home Screen to open or import them*
• Use the new Minimalist Report template featuring elegant typography, colors, and layout
• Style paragraphs with new options for borders and background colors
• Remove external borders on charts imported from Microsoft Office files
* Requires iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 and later
Ratings and Reviews
I love using this app to write mini stories. There is one thing that I think you should add; on the ‘page number’ file, I think you should add: Roman Numerals, (ex. I, II III) and just numbers (ex. One, Two, Three)
If you can’t it fine, but it would be a pretty cool feature.
Please Fix Pages!!!
What I Appreciate:
Thank you for adding the ability to use the Apple Pencil. That is great and I am very happy.
I generally appreciate most everything about Pages. It is my preferred word processor. I use it each week to publish newsletters, and various other communications pieces.
What Needs Fixing
When using the “Tab Flyer” template, I cannot add photos, from my Photos without the App crashing or freezing up my iPad Pro.
Also, when I tap to add a photo, often times (not always), I can’t even scroll through my Photos roll.
What Needs to Be Added
Something that I wish Pages for IOS had was the ability to generate a Table of Contents, automatically, based on the various heading styles to choose from. Something like you can do in the desktop version of Microsoft Word-only better.
Please keep adding features to the IOS version of Pages. Now that the iPad Pro is out and powerful, some of us are switching to these devices as our primary computing device (I do not use my laptop much anymore). Having full features on this app would be very helpful.
I love this app a lot! I use it for when I have to write an essay or something and I can't get to a computer but there are a few things that is not an option that I think it needs to make it completely capable for writing essays.
- A button for indentation
- The option of having a specific header for the first page
- It would be nice if you could be able to put specific documents into albums so that it is more organized
Other than those few things I think this is the best app for writing and is the most similar to Microsoft Word than any other I have tried!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 458.6 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2023 Apple Inc.