The Cineworld app gives you instant access to film times and cinema tickets for all Cineworld cinemas across the UK. Find the right film and buy your e-tickets here before you arrive at the cinema.
- Buy your movie tickets through the app and use your e-tickets when you arrive at the cinema. They are saved within the app for easy access so you don’t have to worry about collecting your tickets.
- Save your local Cineworld under "Favourites” and book your tickets with just a few taps!
- Tap on "Book by date” and select your favourite cinema to find out film times for films playing on that day.
- Planning a date night and not sure what to see? No problem! Swipe through the films that are currently showing and new releases that are coming soon for inspiration – just tap the poster to watch the trailer and read more about the film!
- Want to upgrade your experience? Experience films to the fullest on our huge IMAX screens, let motion, wind, water, scent & more thrill you in your seat with 4DX, go beyond the frame with our 270-degree ScreenX or discover our Superscreen where movies feel like masterpieces! Just select your film or date of choice, and filter by the special format you want to experience.
- Want to enjoy Unlimited Cinema? Click through to sign up for the Unlimited Card straight from the app.
We are constantly looking to improve our app, so please keep sending feedback and suggestions through: https://www.cineworld.co.uk/help-and- contact us!
The latest update includes security enhancements and general bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app has the potential to be amazing, but there are some things which need serious work. For one, I am an unlimited member already. Why would I need a waste of space ad telling me the benefits of unlimited? It would be much better if this changed for members to a place where you can view your card (a temporary card if you’ve forgotten yours at home).
Furthermore, there needs to be a better description of all the different options for the screening. “Audio description” may be pretty self-explanatory to some, but not completely. There should be an easier way to look for those particular screenings and avoid them.
The app also needs recommendations. No, I don’t want to see listings for swan lake. I want to see the newest sci-fi and fantasy stories.
I believe this to be an improvement
I'm clearly in the minority here but, to me, this app is an improvement. It's not perfect and I can see why people are annoyed that you can't see the film poster or information when you view showings on a particular day but it doesn't bother me so much as I tend to know about the movies already and it's actually easy to pop back into the information page. Having said this, I do think it would be improved by still having a direct link to this for each film on the booking page. You can also book by selecting a film directly from any page where it does have the information so it's not so bad - it's only when going into 'book by date' at a particular location that it's not there.
The old app gave me an incorrect connection error message every single time I booked without fail. This is now fixed. Hooray! I had no problems booking - quick and easy. Someone said you can't choose your seating directly within the app - this is untrue - you've been able to do so for a long time.
I like the layout with the large posters - it's bright and clear and striking. In conclusion, I really don't think it deserves the barrage of completely negative reviews. I would mark it down as an improvement without hesitation.
Given that this is supposed to be an update you would think it goes without saying that it would be an improvement on the old app. In this instance this isn't the case. The old app was great and did exactly what you wanted it to. You'd choose the cinema you wanted to visit and instantly you could see movie listings and times. You could read the synopsis and watch trailers. Now you just get a completely uninformative screen of movie titles with no other information. I want to choose the cinema, choose the date and have all the information in front of me. You need a degree in archeology to find your way around this app but unlike most archeological digs, you're usually disappointed when you're done. You have to click on each title separately to access the information. Why would you release an update and go backwards? Why would you remove the ability to watch the trailers and what is the point of the unlimited tab. This app is about as good at managing your Unlimited account as chocolate is at being a baking tray. Clearly no thought has been put into the design. The aesthetics may have improved but the functionality has really suffered. The reason I have given this a 1 star rating is because the option to select 0 stars is not available.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cineworld Group Plc
- 37.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Cineworld plc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.