There are lots of business current accounts. Countingup is the one that does your books.
Running your business is hard enough without the time and effort it takes to dip in and out of a million and one tools and apps every day. So we’ve made the money side of things easier for you, with automated banking and accounting in one app.
Countingup saves you time paying bills, matching payments and doing the books, giving you the freedom to focus on what really matters – making your customers happy and growing your business.
Who it’s for
1. Limited companies with 1 or 2 directors
2. Sole traders
Why you’ll love it
- A two-in-one app to handle your business finances with zero hassle.
- It’s free to get started, and takes just one quick step to open an account and get a Mastercard.
- Automated bookkeeping means one less thing to do every day.
- Impress everyone with professional invoices that pay themselves.
- Get instant alerts on your phone the moment one of your invoices is paid or you spend money.
- All-in-one business banking with an account number, sort code, contactless Mastercard, fast payments and direct debits.
- Smart billing that organises everything you buy in one easy, accounting-friendly way.
- Just one tap to freeze a lost or stolen card through the app and stay secure.
- Keep on top of your figures by exporting your data to CSV or PDF in just one second.
How to open an account
It takes 5 minutes. Download the app and follow the instructions. You’ll need a UK mobile number, a working email address and some photographic ID (passport or driving licence).
Don’t just take our word for it
- We’re the #1 banking and accounting app in the UK, used by thousands of businesses like yours.
- 9 out of 10 accountants recommend Countingup.
- "So easy to use. I really don't know how I ever completed business tasks without it." J O'Kane
- "Simple and easy, everything a high street bank isn’t." I’ll Cook You Pour
- "The future of accounting and banking…" C Ready
Behind the scenes improvements to make your Countingup experience even better.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Brilliant for a small business
I love the app/account. So much better for a small business like myself. I used to find myself putting off updating my accounts for months at a time. Now with counting up they are done literally instantly. As soon as you make a purchase you get a notification to take a picture of your receipt and it’s stored. When you send an invoice and you customer pays you get a notification to say your paid and it’s already linked to the invoice and done. The tax estimate is great, I’ve only been using it a couple of months but I think it’s fairly accurate and fluctuates with sales and purchases daily. I really can’t recommend it enough as a bank and an accountant - you won’t be disappointed with a counting up account.
Best Business Banking App
I was looking for a business banking app separate from my personal account. I received a letter from CountingUp after creating my business asking me to join. I gave it a go and was amazed at how fast I received my business debit card. It was easy to set up and if you’ve ever used Monzo before you’ll find this is very similar.
There is a great set of functions that make this app stand out from the rest. One of which, being my personal favourite, is the Corporation Tax estimate. If you’ve recently started your business this saves you a lot of time and trouble working out the yearly tax and making sure you keep money aside for it.
✅So if you want an app completely dedicated to business banking then I highly recommend this one. ✅
An outstanding bank for businesses large or small
I have been with Countingup since they launched my company Mike Russ Entertainments Group is completely blown away with the top service you get but not top prices you get with other banks such as Barclays NatWest. The support you get as a business is incredible as well as everything itemised as you spend which reduces a good couple of hours sorting out your expenses at the end of the month when you can just download it as an excel file there is even an area for your accountant to access to finalise money coming in and going out for the end of year accounts for HMRC!
As the chairman, chief executive and founder of Mike Russ Entertainments I certainly wouldn’t want any other business bank then Countingup. A Top Pro Bank
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.