Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
The best photo product on Earth – The Verge
Google Photos is your new essential picture app – Wired
Upload the pictures and let Google Photos do the rest – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets that you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos that you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
• FREE STORAGE: Every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
Now, it's even faster to back up and sync your photos.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A BIG THANK YOU
I have been using Google Photos to store and archive my photos and albums since its start in 2015. It is easy to use and very accessible. I take a lot of photos, some just general snaps but still precious and some more professional photos of Birds and Wildlife. Although I always back my photos up on a separate hard drive I use Google Photo to put the photos into albums so that I can share them with anyone I want by just adding a link to an album. It also means I can clear my devices mobile etc of photos knowing they are backed up by google. I can easily add photos at a later date to an album and there is a facility for other people to add their own photos to your album for example if a group of you have been on holiday together and you all pool your photos.
Google have managed to keep this amazing facility completely free, there is no pestering adverts and it is very easy to use. One can also store bigger format photos and Raw images for a very small fee.
So thank you Google you have made my life a little bit easier.
Brilliant until the new announcement
I’ve been using Google Photos for a few years now, mainly as my primary backup of my photographs taken using my phone. It allows me to keep my phone space free while being able to formulate albums, mark favourites and easily share memories to other apps. I am an avid photographer of my children (my memory isn’t as good as it was, thanks baby brain) and the Recent Highlights/highlights of this week from previous years has enabled me to easily revisit cherished moments. Now if I had written this review last week, it would have been 5 stars, but the announcement that there will now be a charge has put a dampener on whether I continue to use this app or find another free way of storing my photographs. I’m trying to find a way of writing this without sounding petty (and failing) but it’s disappointing to see this currently free service now be charged for additional storage, of which shall be within 7 months if the calculated projected timescale for me is correct. The fact that it was free for unlimited storage at a marginally lower quality (which was still amazing quality) was a huge pull for me to use this service. I don’t have a lot of spare time to sit and manually back up and organise my photos so this app has really helped me to feel organised and up to date when I’ve been able to have a spare few minutes. I am really reluctant to have my photos in different places, but if the charges come through then that may have to be the case.
Perfect App Except For A Few Issues
I love this app far more than Flickr and Google Photos has improved since the last time I used it, so that’s good. Glad to see all my photos don’t take up space and the only problem I have is that if you upload large high quality HD photos that were taken using a Nikon D3300 DSLR or another equivalent DSLR of sorts, Google Photos doesn’t let you save them in their original quality. Well, it does but it basically says your storage is full. Would love to see support for high quality photos that are part of the unlimited storage, that would mean that I won’t need to use Flickr anymore as a result of a better more efficient service. That’s the only thing that’s letting Google Photos down. Sadly. Apart from that, I’ve had no issues with Google Photos except for the occasional odd glitch and that some photos don’t back up correctly and dates don’t appear correct in photos. Those are the only things that this app needs improving on, then I’ll definitely give you guys a full knock out 5/5 rating, for sure. So far you get 4 stars from me, as for Flickr, I would probably give them 2 stars. They deserve it.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Google LLC
- 195.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB Month £1.79
- 200 GB Month £2.79
- 2 TB Month £9.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.