The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with robust security, real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all of your emails.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Make Gmail your default email app on iOS
• Automatically block more than 99.9 percent of spam, phishing, malware and dangerous links from ever reaching your inbox
• Undo send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Turn on Google Chat to connect, create and collaborate with others
• Get more done as a group in Spaces – a dedicated place for organising people, topics and projects
• Enjoy high-quality video calling with Google Meet
• Respond to emails quickly with Smart Reply suggestions
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Be notified of new emails quickly, with notification centre, badge and lock screen options
• Search your emails faster with instant results, predictions as you type and spelling suggestions
• Organise your emails by labelling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your emails with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invitations straight from the app
Gmail is part of Google Workspace, allowing you and your team to easily connect, create and collaborate. You can:
• Connect with co-workers via Google Meet or Google Chat, send an invitation in Calendar, add an action to your task list and more without leaving Gmail
• Use suggested actions — such as Smart Reply, Smart Compose, grammar suggestions and nudges — to help you stay on top of work and take care of simple tasks, so you can be more efficient with your time
• Stay safe. Our machine-learning models block more than 99.9% of spam, phishing and malware from reaching our users
Stay on top of the work that matters with Gmail, part of Google Workspace. With secure email as the foundation, you can also chat, make voice or video calls and collaborate on projects with shared files and tasks – all in one place.
Ratings and Reviews
just works where apple did not
I don’t write reviews normally but wanted to say anyone else having issues using apple mail for gmail and hotmail, where emails not coming through till you open app no notifications after trying all fixes, I gave up and downloaded this, now using this app all mail working all notifications working as should, easy to use and does work with attachments so not sure about other reviews that say it doesn't. Just one thing id recommend doing is keeping account for apple version still in settings, but turn off for mail that way you don’t lose contacts and calendar inputs like i did first time round this way you don’t get mail in 2 apps. Hope this helps.
I hate that i have to give it 2 stars
As a young professional i use lots of different devices to get work done and my iPad is a great device to have with me for meetings and travel to get some work done. The problem i have with Gmail is that it is ridiculously behind and anti-competitive with its features in this App. I love my google account, but let me be clear. Many young professionals might exclusively use Google services, but the vast majority of us use a lot outside of that ecosystem. I need to be able to quickly fire off an email with an attachment from my files. Apple’s files rightfully connect to iCloud, Drive, and most importantly OneDrive. I can’t for the life of me understand why Google won’t allow the Gmail app to plug into the files app and allow me to attach files from my OneDrive. Instead all you allow me to do is put my files on drive and then allow me to “share” the file through a link. This is needlessly anti-competitive and an inherently convoluted process. It’s forcing me to put more of my work flow through my Microsoft account. The only work around is to go to the browser, open gmail online, and then use the apple file system to browse my onedrive and send the file. Just make the app compatible with Apples file system. This type of activity is like making a gmail app for windows that won’t connect to file explorer, that would be pathetic and we’d all see right through it. Please make this a part of the future development of the app.
Given that google, generally speaking have a pretty good reputation for ergonomics and aesthetics (although some might disagree if you’re not a fan of brash and bold colours). I’m completely let down by this app, I’ve given it two stars: 1 because it’s free and 1 because I can at least see my email. I took the promo gmail advice, and download the app for a ‘great user experience’ for users of gmail or some such blurb. After doing so and seeing the sleek seemingly simple GUI only to find one of the least capable, extremely frustrating mail apps. You have to know the ‘secret codes’ to do the simplest of actions... like typing ‘label:inbox is:unread’ then perform another 3 equally obscure manoeuvres to just do the simple task of setting all emails to read. Other tasks are equally fiddly and not intuitive at all. I expected more to be honest, given that gmail is an extremely popular email choice. The is the least intuitive I’ve used and other free mail apps offer much more functionality. Woe betide anyone who uses it for corporate or work related mail. Sure it looks great, but is an awful, unusable and simple-to-the-point-of-uselessness app. Google/gmail, dropped the ball with this clunky app. Very disappointed and now, very much deleted!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 411.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Google LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB Month £1.79
- 200 GB Month £2.79
- 100 GB Annual £17.99
- 2 TB Month £8.99
- 200 GB Annual £26.99
- 2 TB Annual £89.99
- 5 TB Month £19.99
- 20 TB Month £89.99
- 10 TB Month £44.99
- 30 TB Month £134.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.