Create, edit, and collaborate on online documents with the Google Docs app.
Work together in real time
• Share documents with your team
• Edit, comment, and add action items in real time
• Never lose changes or previous versions of your document with version history
Create anywhere, anytime—even offline
• Capture spontaneous ideas on the fly
• Get things done, even on the go, with offline mode
• Save time and add polish with easy-to-use templates
Search Google right in Docs
• Use Google Search without leaving your document
• Search the web and your files in Drive, right from Docs
Edit and share multiple file types
• Open a variety of files, including Microsoft Word files, right in Google Docs
• Frictionless collaboration, no matter which application your teammates use
• Convert and export files seamlessly
Google Docs is part of Google Workspace: where teams of any size can chat, create, and collaborate.
Google Workspace subscribers have access to additional Google Docs features, including:
• Working in a single document with teammates or people outside your company. See edits as others type, communicate through built-in chat, and leave feedback through comments and suggestions
• Importing your documents to make them instantly editable, including Microsoft® Word and PDF files. Export your work in .docx, .pdf, .odt, .rtf, .txt or .html format
• Unlimited version history. Track changes made to your documents and undo anything you choose.
• Working across devices, with or without Internet
Camera: This is used to take photos to insert into documents.
Photos: This is used to access photos under the control of Photos Application to let the users pick images to insert into documents.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Always have those documents you need
With this, the hassle of not having documents in the right 'place' is over. Other apps I've tried are costly, require accounts or constant internet access to work. Plus, emailing everything back and forth just gets so tiresome - especially with limited internet. So I have always ended up coming back to this app.
I've found it works well with both a computer and tablet, working with word files throughout the day. The accessibility is so freeing. I can write whenever, wherever I want now.
However, I would definitely like to see more formatting options eventually being put in place. Also, I've found that you can't go back to a previous form of the document which has, on occasion, caused problem but nothing too major.
I am struggling to use this app on iPhone 6S. The app crashes when trying to open a document and when it does open, the pages are black and unreadable.
When typing the pages seem to jump all over the place and the font changes for no reason. This constant movement of the pages induces nausea.
There is a lag between pressing a letter on the phone keyboard and the letters/words appearing on the page.
Renaming a file is a struggle with having to make a copy of the file and then rename it, editing just seems to be all over the place and I was thinking of moving to docs instead of word but would need to be able to rely on using docs before making the switch.
Hope the developers read this and sort the problems.
The Handy and the Hassle
Great way of storing information online, along with Google Drive, you can have easy access to documents and information, without the need to carry lap tops etc around.
The collaboration feature of Google documents is real innovation so that multiple people can edit the same document at the same time. Do this live in Google Hangouts if you want to discuss the changes as they are happening.
The downside is the lack of compatibility with Microsoft Word, so when you want to work on documents from other users who send or expect to receive information in Word, you can’t rely on it professionally. Using photos is also an issue as you don’t have the same capability as in Word.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 186.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- © Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.