When you download the Grand Central Railway app, you can:
• Plan and book any journey across England, Wales and Scotland
• The option to use e-tickets for you journey – just scan at the station gate and off you go, no interaction with people or machines necessary
• Grand Central tickets available to book up to six months in advance
• The cheapest fares available, every time
• No booking fees
• Real time departure boards and updated platform numbers
• The ability to purchase tickets for any train journey in Great Britain; Northern Rail, CrossCountry, Chiltern Railways, Hull Trains, TransPennine Express, Avanti West Coast, LNER & more
• Did we mention no booking fees?
The Grand Central Railway app makes it even easier to plan your journey, with Grand Central tickets available up to six months before your journey at great prices. Buy train tickets on your phone or tablet, giving you access to up-to-date travel information on the go.
It’s a quick, simple, cost-effective way to buy tickets for journeys on Grand Central, with secure checkout, and e-tickets downloaded straight to the app. And if you’re planning to travel on another rail services in Great Britain, you can still buy your ticket on the Grand Central app.
On all Grand Central services your ticket can be immediately downloaded to your device and securely saved for easy access when you need it. The e-ticket barcode is even accessible when your device is offline – so it’s always on-hand without the need to frantically rummage through your bag.
Follow us on social media:
In this update, we are bringing you the ability to search for timetables on the iOS app. Search for services today and in the future in the Live Trains section of the app!
And still no booking fees!
The update also includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
Look out for further new features arriving soon.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, better than other services used. Issue with the saved address box but otherwise really simple to use
Temperamental App - be wary!
Sometimes the app opens fine and sometimes it doesn't and just keeps loading, saying 'please wait a moment'. Which is unhelpful when needing to get through ticket barriers or on a train needing to show the conductor a ticket.
I would advise to avoid relying on the app and use the option of picking up your ticket at the machines. Or if you do get the app, make sure to screenshot your ticket when the app is working in case it stops working during your journey!
Straight forward to use all the information.
No distracting bells and whistles to get through. The requirements for the password took a bit of time to navigate but I was doing it late in the day. Very good all round did the payment very easily.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Grand Central Railway Company Ltd
- 46.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Arriva UK Trains 2022
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.