When you download the Grand Central Railway app, you get:
• A tool to plan and book your journey across England, Wales and Scotland
• The option to download e-tickets for train journeys, saving time at the station
• Grand Central tickets available to book up to six months in advance
• The cheapest fares available, every time
• Securely saved favourite journeys in one place for quick and easy repurchasing
• Real time departure boards and updated platform numbers
• Exclusive 25% discount with Student Central on Grand Central Advance fares (add your Railcard to get 50% off!)
• No card or booking fees
• The ability to purchase tickets for any train journey in Great Britain; Northern Rail, CrossCountry, Chiltern Railways, Hull Trains, TransPennine Express, Avanti West Coast, LNER & more.
The Grand Central Railway app makes it even easier to plan your journey, with Grand Central tickets available up to 6 months before your journey at great prices. Buy train tickets on your phone or tablet, giving you access to up-to-date travel information on the go.
It’s a quick, simple, cost-effective way to buy tickets for journeys on Grand Central, with secure checkout, and e-tickets downloaded straight to the app. And if you’re planning to travel on another rail service in Great Britain, you can still buy your ticket on the Grand Central app.
Exclusive savings on Grand Central train tickets
Use your student email address to get 25% off all Grand Central Advance fares, and stack it with your Railcard for 50% off regular prices! Please note that this functionality requires access to the Grand Central website – see grandcentralrail.com/students for full details.
Getting your ticket
On all Grand Central services your ticket can be immediately downloaded to your device and securely saved for easy access when you need it. The e-ticket barcode is even accessible when your device is offline – so it’s always on-hand without the need to frantically rummage through your bag.
You can also choose to pick up your tickets from a ticket machine at the station with your booking reference number. Next day special delivery and standard delivery are also available.
Follow us on social media:
This update fixes some bugs and improves performance
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, better than other services used. Issue with the saved address box but otherwise really simple to use
Temperamental App - be wary!
Sometimes the app opens fine and sometimes it doesn't and just keeps loading, saying 'please wait a moment'. Which is unhelpful when needing to get through ticket barriers or on a train needing to show the conductor a ticket.
I would advise to avoid relying on the app and use the option of picking up your ticket at the machines. Or if you do get the app, make sure to screenshot your ticket when the app is working in case it stops working during your journey!
Straight forward to use all the information.
No distracting bells and whistles to get through. The requirements for the password took a bit of time to navigate but I was doing it late in the day. Very good all round did the payment very easily.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Grand Central Railway Company Ltd
- 43.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Arriva UK Trains 2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.