Hill Lists 4+
Munros, Wainwrights and more
Designed for iPad
First released in 2009, this popular application includes data for almost 20,000 hills in the UK and Ireland, plus over 90 lists including ...
Munros and Munro Tops, Corbetts, Grahams, Donalds, Furths, Marilyns, Wainwrights and Outlying Fells, Birketts, all County Tops and many more.
Almost an entire lifetime of hill walking. If you run out, please let me know!
- Choose the lists you would like to complete, and view counts per list (hills completed, total and percentage)
- View each list on a map, and animate your journey in the order climbed
- Sort lists by section/book number/region, name, height, distance, date climbed or ascents
- Add your own lists based on region, drop, height ... etc
- View all ascents in the app, sorted by date climbed
- View all hills in the app sorted alphabetically, by distance from your default location, section, height ... etc
- Track completed hills by ticking those you have climbed, adding the date and any notes for each ascent
- Supports multiple ascents (per hill) and multiple rounds (of lists)
- See route information for popular hills, provided via external links to the Walk Highlands and MountainViews websites
- View up-to-date weather information for selected regions in Scotland, Wales and England, provided by the Mountain Weather Information Service (MWIS) website
- Share your location by email or SMS/text when you get to the top of each hill
- See statistics of your ascents, e.g. a breakdown per month or by year, plus a list of most frequently climbed hills
- Browse nearby hills on a map
- Set your default location by searching for places or postcodes
- Backup your data and sync it between devices using iCloud, Dropbox, AirDrop or email
- Universal app, works on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
DATA, ROUTES AND WEATHER
The data for the UK and Ireland has been extracted from version 17.5 of the Database of British and Irish Hills (DoBIH), with kind permission from Chris Crocker and Alan Dawson.
Route information for the Munros, Corbetts, most of the Grahams, Donalds, Wainwrights, Hewitts and most of the Trail 100 is provided via external links to the Walk Highlands website.
Route information for all the lists in Ireland is provided via external links to the MountainViews website.
Weather information for Scotland, England and Wales is provided by the MWIS website.
Please use the link to my support page from the App Store page or from the app itself (or simply go to http://grahamhaley.co.uk/hills/).
Alternatively, contact me directly via my support pages and you will get a quick response.
Updated to version 17.5 of the Database of British and Irish Hills, with significant changes to the Grahams, Graham Tops and Highland Fives. See the user guide for details.
Added support for up to 3 user defined lists, where you can set the criteria (region, drop, height ... etc). Select Edit on the lists view and scroll to the bottom.
Re-enabled the multiple rounds setting. If disabled, only your first round of each list is tracked.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has a lot to answer for; I first came across it years ago when I was given the Relatives Hills book, I thought it would be a handy progress recording method. But beware, it has turned me into a list ticker and it could do the same to you. The depths of information contained within the lists and maps slowly and inexorably draws you in until you are snared.
One list, two lists, ha! this is just the start, before long, like me, you will become a multi list ticker, trawling the lists to see which hills feature in more than one, thus enabling two ticks instead of just one.
The lists can be sorted in several ways, and filtered to show all, climbed and to do, as can the maps.
This app has changed my life, and I can’t thank the writers enough.
Developer Response ,
There is a map view specifically to show all your unclimbed hills in multiple tracked lists. Top right of the lists tab. :-)
Essential App for hill walkers
I have been using this app for years now and it is great. Wouldn’t be without it. All my hill walks are logged using it. I noticed someone else say they found navigation around it tricky and I would agree, and the recent updates have not really clarified this. I would say I always find what I want and get to where I want but it could be easier. For example a simple toggle while viewing say Munros for hills done, hills not done would be great. Also (and I’ve suggested this before and surprised others would not find this useful) it would be just fantastic if I could add who was on the walk (me obviously but mainly who accompanied) so you can easily search for walks you were on with certain individuals. You can put it in a spreadsheet and add this but this rather defeats the purpose. But as I say great app and please keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
There is a completed/todo toggle on the filter/sort screen which is accessed through the menu icon (top left). You can quickly access this by swiping in from the left.
You can record who you were with in the notes. I will look at making that searchable. UPDATE: now supported in v6.8.
I previously had a free app for keeping track of Munro completion and for such a basic requirement it was very poor. I stretched to spending £1.99 on this app and have never looked back!
It has taken the minimum requirement of keeping track of Munro completion and added a whole host of great features. You can see a whole manner of graphs showing completion by year and month. There are automatic links into the MWIS forecasts and Walkhighlands routes. It’s easy to transfer data between different devices and you can export it all into excel for further analysis! Fantastic app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Graham Haley
- 39.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2023, Graham Haley
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.