The Week curates the most relevant and important news from more than 200 trusted UK and international sources into one concise, informative and entertaining read. Join our 324,000 readers and try The Week today.
- Complete the crossword on your iPad each week and now available on mobile devices too.
- Interactive maps will be available on all devices
- Fully optimised for your iPad and iPhone
- Easy to browse - tap straight to your favourite section
- Save your favourite articles, reviews or quotes to the Saved Articles section
- You can now read an edition while it's still downloading, rather than waiting for the download to complete
- Choose the number of issues saved on your device to save on memory
- Share articles with friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Easy to adjust the text size
Non-subscribers can buy single issues and subscriptions using In App Purchase.
For your weekly issue to auto download you will need to be connected to Wi-Fi and have your push notifications enabled.
Digital and print + digital subscribers have full access to each week's edition and all digital back issues. Print subscribers should contact the publisher to add digital access to their subscription.
Details about auto-renewing subscriptions and single issue purchase:
- Subscriptions can be purchased at £19.99 for a 3 month subscription, £39.99 for 6 months, or £79.99 for 12 months.
- Single issues can be purchased for £2.99.
- When you purchase a subscription or a single issue payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at £19.99 (3months), £39.99 (6 months) and £79.99 (12 months).
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user at auto-renewal and may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
New app logo, bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good content, rubbish app
As the title suggests, the content is good, the app on the other hand is underwhelming - slow, buggy, doesn't remember where you left off, etc.
As of 28 September, the app is worse than ever: (1) some magazines don’t download, the current one has been stuck on “processing” for an hour; (2) the magazines that do download delete themselves every time I close down the app, so I have to re-download a magazine every time I open it; (3) the lack of bookmark functionality is also frustrating, though irrelevant as I’m constantly downloading new magazines; and (4) the app hasn’t been updated to reflect the new iPhone screen size, so it’s really unattractive to read (if it works).
IT support are pretty unhelpful. I’ve been going back and forth with them regarding (2), and they said it was down to my storage (I had plenty) and/or a limit on magazine numbers (the limit was removed and made no difference).
It rather frustrating to have a paper and digital subscription when you only have access to one form of media, which isn’t at all helpful if you travel regularly.
It would be great if we could just log-on to a password protected section of the Week website and download a PDF of the current magazine. That would save the torture of trying to use this app.
Print or digital
I already gave 2/5 for the app. I think I am now voting on the magazine as a whole.
I agree with almost all of the comment I have read in the reviews of the app, in the difficulty in downloading often experienced.
The updates of the app come regularly yet the problems persist. I can only hope that eventually they will be resolved.
The content of the magazine itself I can say without reservation is excellent and I rely on it to give me a broad insight into subjects that I can then pick out to follow up in greater detail elsewhere
I have one additional wish:- that one day the occasional updates to the individual magazine content could be flagged in some way, so that I can find the updated material, as I have yet been able to find it.
Good but with bugs!
I have been using this app for over a year. It’s brilliant but, it has one bug at the moment that is not being fixed. I’ve reported this bug by email 4 times including today (Sept ‘22) but nothing has yet been resolved.
I can only read this if I have strong internet connection. If I am not connected to the internet then the app does not allow me to scroll up & down. This means that I can not read anything in the entire magazine. It allows me to scroll left & right & back again, but not up & down. This happens even though the editions/content has been downloaded.
I’ve reported this to The Week, 4 times now. The problem is still there so I wonder now why I am paying for this if I can’t use it. If this problem continues still, I have no choice but to cancel my subscription & delete the app. I don’t want to do this.
‘The week’….fix this problem!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 42.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 3 months £19.99
- 6 months £39.99
- 12 months £79.99
- The Week Single Issue 1403 £3.49
- The Week Single Issue 863 £3.49
- The Week Single Issue 864 £3.49
- The Week Single Issue 894 £3.49
- The Week Single Issue 855 £3.49
- The Week Single Issue 871 £3.49
- The Week Single Issue 900 £3.49
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.