Keep It is notebook, scrapbook and organizer, ideal for writing notes, saving web links, storing documents, images or any kind of file, and finding them again.
Available on iPhone and iPad, and a separate app for Mac, changes are automatically made available across all your devices with iCloud. Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Create, edit, view and save:
• Notes with styles, checklists and attachments that look good and read well on all your devices
• Web links with live previews, or saved as PDFs for offline viewing
• Rich and plain text files, and Markdown documents
• Annotate PDF documents and images
• Add any other kind of file, and see previews for most images, documents, web pages, and more
• See summaries and thumbnails in the list for most files
• Use icon view for browsing items by their thumbnails
• Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately
• Share folders and items with other Keep It users via iCloud
• Open multiple windows on iPadOS
• Folders let you organise things hierarchically — select a folder to see everything it and its subfolders contain
• Use bundles to gather items into one place — items can be in more than one bundle at a time
• Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition
• Add searchable tags and comments
• Make items favorites and drag lists to the Favorites Bar for quick access
Search and Filter:
• Search everything in Keep It: names, tags, file contents, dates, kinds and more
• Text recognition for scanned documents and images
• Create saved searches that match items against a set of rules
• Use keywords and natural language for dates while searching
• Use the Tag Filter to see all items with a tag and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further
Use Keep It with other apps:
• Works with the Files app
• Share extension can add links, text, images and other files, and append text to notes from within other apps
• Save and open documents in other apps
• Automate tasks with the Shortcuts app
Use of Keep It Mobile requires a paid subscription that you can purchase in the app.
A choice of either a monthly or yearly subscription is available, and these include a free trial.
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account following the free trial, unless you cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period.
The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Fixed a performance issue when attaching (or converting) a very long single-page PDF to a note.
- Fixed an issue where Insert Divider and Reset Styles would not be shown in the edit menu for notes on iOS 16.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after viewing a plain text item.
- Fixed issues with the Save For Offline button in the Share extension after choosing to add the link to a note.
- Fixed an issue where a random item may be shown when viewing an empty list on iPad.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent - IOS and Mac
Been using Keep It for some months now. Both Mac and IOS implementations are working well together.
Managing nearly 3000 pdf documents, most imported from existing file / folder structure set up on the Mac. More recently, many have been pulled from the web using Keep It, on either Mac or iPad.
The original (and growing) folder hierarchy helps to visualise and keep things structured for my needs; however I often search the whole ‘database’ using the “All Items” approach and distil down from there.
No real issues, each update seems to improve versatility or usability.
Communication with the developer was fast and efficient, solving an issue which was in fact nothing to do with the app, just my naivety wrt the update process?! Excellent so far.
Excellent Devon Think replacement
I was looking to completely replace the bloated behemoth Devon Think Pro and after a lot of searching and trial, Keep It came out on top. It is really well thought out and the IPad app is way better than DT, which I now see is a mess.
The list view navigation focus buttons are a neat idea. Also support is better. Keep It has much better rationalisation of text documents than DT, which again is a mess. Converting to Keep It’s native Notes format has cleaned up years of DT’s baffling system.
Migrating from DT to Keep It was a breeze.
And finally Keep It’s database is not proprietary. A big tick.
Reliable and smart
Been using on both my Mac and iPad for a while now, having upgraded from the old Together. KeepIt on the iPad is proving to be great for capturing and pulling together a variety of information and I have had no issues syncing with my laptop. Navigation and search once source information is in KeepIt is simple and effective. The interface is nice and clear. The few issues I have reported brought both timely response and fix.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steve Harris
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Hebrew
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2004-2022 Reinvented Software
- In-App Purchases
- Keep It Mobile £1.29
- Keep It Mobile £10.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.