[IMPORTANT: Do not lock the vehicle through the remote app door control while the FOB key is inside. Under certain circumstances, opening the vehicle door remotely may not be possible as long as the FOB key is inside]
The Kia Connect app has been developed to work in combination with a Kia car equipped with Kia Connect. Thanks to it, you will be able to benefit from remote services such as:
1. Vehicle remote controls
- Set the desired temperature in the car and activate the air conditioning or control the charging process remotely from the app (electric vehicles only). Lock and unlock the doors (all compatible models).
2. Vehicle status
- Offers an overview of key elements of your car’s status such as door locks, ignition, battery, and charge level and supply you with a Monthly Vehicle Report giving an overview of your car usage.
3. Send destination
- Allows you to pre-plan and set your journey through the app for seamless use in the navigation system.
4. Find my car
- Keep track of your Kia and remember where you left it, thanks to the Find My Car.
5. Alert notifications
- You will be notified whenever a car alert is triggered and sent Diagnostic Notifications about the current status of your car.
6. My trips
- Provides a summary of your previous journey’s including average speed, distance driven, and time in transit.
7. User Profile Transfer and Navi Linkage:
- You will be able to link your User Profile in your car to your Kia Connect app so that you can check and change your vehicle settings on the app anytime. You can also back up your vehicle settings in the Kia Connect app and apply it to your car, as well as store your favorite addresses and send it to your car from the app.
8. Valet Parking Mode (currently only available on selected models):
- You will be able to monitor the vehicle status (vehicle location, driving time, driving distance, and top speed) from the Kia Connect app while the valet is driving the car. In parallel, the valet can only access limited AVNT information.
9. Last Mile Navigation:
- Support you in continuing your navigation to the final destination on your smartphone after parking the car.
Several improvements for a better App performance and a few bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Just passable if you don’t change settings
I was expecting more from this app and certainly better integration and more frequent updates to the app to fix bugs.
I found it incredibly frustrating when using the remote climate settings to discover that it made my car unresponsive. If these functions aren’t reliable then there needs to be a warning and recovery options. Hence I am reluctant to use any remote functions in case the vehicle enters zombie mode, requiring a reset.
I have found though that the app does connect most of the time to the car and car reliably read the status of the vehicle so I can tell if it is charging or fully charged. It’s not 100% reliable so I wouldn’t fully rely on it to tell me my doors are definitely locked but otherwise it’s passable.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we apologize for any issue you might be having! That seems to bee some serious glitch for sure. Could you send a full description to us at https://connect.kia.com/ie/customer-support/contact-form/ so that we can follow up? Sincerely, Your Kia Connect Team
Worst app ever
still no connectivity. Kia connect customer servicewere extremely slow to respond (took nearly two weeks of faffing before they “investigated” and now claim it’s not their app that is the problem- yet I see countless reviews on this very platform saying there ares problems with connectivity!! (And I hasten to add that v NII I THING my end has changed - same phone, same service provider, same car). Kia uk says it’s not their problem as Kia connect is a 3rd party - well don’t sell a car claiming you can access it remotely if you can’t get a reliable developer to provide the service!!
App worked when I first got the car July 2023. Kia obviously frigged with something around September time. Since then can’t get any functions to work unless you log out and log back in. Contacted Kia connect support. They told me to delete the app and reinstall using mobile data instead of WiFi. Now it doesn’t work at all. Their tech team area about as much use as a chocolate teapot. I’m left with a £40k car which I can’t control remotely to charge, unlock, check status, and presumably track if it gets nicked. Not impressed. Also not the only one affected if you look at the forums. Sort it out Kia!!
The app is basic - considering the app can tell you the status of your vehicle it should be possible to have a simple dynamic UI that has buttons that reflect the current state of the car. Instead status and remote are separate so you have to blindly send commands to car and then check the status to see if anything worked.
It's also very slow to communicate with the vehicle - it times out often requiring multiple retries to get up-to-date info.
The vehicle report screen is hidden and utterly useless too - not only do none of the numbers make sense, they don't add up - check the various complaints and examples online. There seems to be no way to see averages per day, week, month or any kind of date - it just shows you some sort of cumulative totals that are presented very badly and provide little reliable insight. For a lot of people this data is important and if the app can't do a good job with it, then at the very least Kia should provide some way to export energy consumption data and trip data so drivers can do stuff with it themselves.
It's a very poor effort for an otherwise great car - I don't understand why so many companies are this bad with their own apps - do they all hire the same company to make them? Do they not drive KIAs themselves and not use the apps - seriously, how can they not know how bad an experience it is.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we are grateful for your open and honest feedback. Please be assured that we are and will be continuously improving our App Services in the future. Please reach out to us at https://connect.kia.com/ie/customer-support/contact-form/ so that we can follow up. Best regards, Your Kia Connect Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kia Connect Gmbh
- 284.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Kia Connect GmbH 2021
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.