*Only compatible with cars equipped with Kia Connect.
[IMPORTANT: Do not lock the vehicle through the remote app door control while the FOB key is inside. Under certain circumstances, opening the vehicle door remotely may not be possible as long as the FOB key is inside]
The Kia Connect app has been developed to work in combination with a Kia car equipped with Kia Connect. Thanks to it, you will be able to benefit from remote services such as:
1. Vehicle remote controls
- Set the desired temperature in the car and activate the air conditioning or control the charging process remotely from the app (electric vehicles only). Lock and unlock the doors (all compatible models).
2. Vehicle status
- Offers an overview of key elements of your car’s status such as door locks, ignition, battery, and charge level and supply you with a Monthly Vehicle Report giving an overview of your car usage.
3. Send destination
- Allows you to pre-plan and set your journey through the app for seamless use in the navigation system.
4. Find my car
- Keep track of your Kia and remember where you left it, thanks to the Find My Car.
5. Alert notifications
- You will be notified whenever a car alert is triggered and sent Diagnostic Notifications about the current status of your car.
6. My trips
- Provides a summary of your previous journey’s including average speed, distance driven, and time in transit.
7. User Profile Transfer and Navi Linkage:
- You will be able to link your User Profile in your car to your Kia Connect app so that you can check and change your vehicle settings on the app anytime. You can also back up your vehicle settings in the Kia Connect app and apply it to your car, as well as store your favorite addresses and send it to your car from the app.
8. Valet Parking Mode (currently only available on selected models):
- You will be able to monitor the vehicle status (vehicle location, driving time, driving distance, and top speed) from the Kia Connect app while the valet is driving the car. In parallel, the valet can only access limited AVNT information.
9. Last Mile Navigation:
- Support you in continuing your navigation to the final destination on your smartphone after parking the car.
Several improvements for a better App performance and a few bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
New user of this app with an EV6. Whilst the basics of this app are OK ish the detail is very very poor. I haven’t had any of the crashing, inability to connect to the car, white screens etc reported by other users and I’ve not needed to schedule the climate controls. The scheduled charging worked until I figured out the Zappi scheduled charging and turned off the Kia schedule. So I’m getting the absolute minimum of what I need from the app at the moment. What is missing/totally wrong is the reporting information. The daily usage and economy figures are wrong and even contradictory within the app. Miles per Kilowatt is way out, possibly decimal point away!
Kia has invested a lot in producing a very good car and I have invested a lot in buying it. What has let us both down is simple connectivity, software/process logic, basic reporting and a fundamental inability to understand that a modern car has to have all the benefits of the modern IOT world designed in and not cobbled on as a begrudging afterthought.
Overall I find the app well laid out and easy to use but it changes from miles to KM and I can’t seem to get it to change back even though I change it in the settings but it will change back itself when it decides, I get lots of random warnings the car is not locked, even when it definitely is(as I have been out to my drive to check) and the average miles per KW do not match the car, the app says my average is 3.5 when the car is reading 2.8, when I tell it to preheat it does work but the app shows heated seats, steering wheel and mirrors not running even though they are. I find the car to be great but it’s let down by the app quite heavily, KIA need to spend some money getting the app to work properly
Developer Response ,
Hi, we are really sorry for the trouble and we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. Please reach out to us at https://connect.kia.com/eu/customer-support/contact-form/ so that we can follow up. Sincerely, Your Kia Connect Team
Almost there. Still some basic bugs
Brand new EV6 and brand new update to the app a week ago. You’d think it would work perfectly? Nope. On retrieving vehicle status in the app, even though both the car and the app are set to use miles as the distance unit and not kilometres, it randomly reports in Km and then sometimes in Miles and then sometimes back to Km. Grrr!! After charging during the night and checking on the app the next morning, it updates the mileage range but not the battery %charged!! It only updates the battery if you get in the car and fire it up and then check the app. This appears to be incorrect data sent by the car as my Ohme charger app which also interrogates the car to get its charge data also incorrectly reports the last battery % and not the latest following a charge. £53,000 car!! Make it work please!!!
The long awaited app update arrived with great expectation. But no, it still randomly reports in Km instead of miles. It still randomly reports the last but one battery charge%age.
Unbelievable, Kia can build a great car but the Kia Germans who make the app simply can’t make a working app after months and months and months.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kia Connect Gmbh
- 384.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Kia Connect GmbH 2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.