Round up your purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change into thousands of companies such as Facebook and Netflix via tracker funds. Sign up in minutes and get started with as little as £1.
Winner of the Moneyfacts Digital Wealth Management Provider of the Year 2019.
Winner of The Techies FinTech Innovator of the Year 2017. We won this award for creating an app which helps to make major improvements to existing financial processes using technology, significantly improving the way people manage their finances.
Featured by BBC, TechCrunch, The Times, ITV, The Daily Mail, The Financial Times, The Telegraph, The Evening Standard, This is Money.
All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
Make investing part of your everyday life
• Round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound and invest the spare change e.g. when you buy a coffee for £2.40, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £3 and set aside the 60p to invest.
• You can also set up a regular weekly deposit, a monthly payday boost and make one-off deposits into your Moneybox.
Investing made easy
• Investing can be a great way to grow your money, and can offer higher returns in the long term than current or savings accounts. However, this is not guaranteed.
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between a range of tracker funds. Via these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Facebook, Netflix and Disney.
• Our range of funds includes a socially responsible global shares option, which invests in a range of companies from across the developed global stock market but considers environmental, social and governance factors in its selection process.
• Your investments are held within a Lifetime ISA, Stocks & Shares ISA or General Investment Account (GIA).
Please note a 25% government early withdrawal charge may apply to the Lifetime ISA.
Stay informed and up to date
• In the Discover tab, you’ll find analysis of your savings, featured stories and even a time machine to help you journey into the future…
Earn rewards with selected brand partners
• Moneybox+ is a brand new way for you to invest for your future. Shop with our curated partner brands and you'll receive rewards directly into your Moneybox account.
• Our fees are structured to make it possible for you to invest little and often.
• We charge a monthly subscription fee of £1 and an annual platform fee of 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
Peace of mind
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to a limit of £85,000 in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox today.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please get in touch using email@example.com - we’d love to hear from you!
• Introducing socially responsible investing!
We’re excited to announce that we’ve introduced a new Socially Responsible (SR) global shares fund. This fund invests in a range of companies from across the developed global stock market, but considers environmental, social and governance factors in its selection process. This means you can invest in a way that’s more aligned with your values.
• In-app celebration for customers who have successfully transferred in their pensions
• New explainer videos for a selection of our funds
• General improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using this App for about 18 months and I’ve saved about £2000 so far. I chose the high risk strategy and sometimes my investment drops below what I have put in, but the amounts aren’t significant and I’m currently a few pounds ahead. The big advantage for me is the ability to save without even noticing. I have not noticed the round-up sums unless I look for them, and I certainly have not missed them. I love the projections of how my money will build up - it’s very motivational! No you cannot immediately transfer your money back to yourself but for me, that’s a plus. I have an ISA with my back which allows me to get instant cash and it’s too tempting, it certainly doesn’t grow like this one. My husband saved a few hundred very quickly and withdrew it without any problems - you just need to wait a few days. I find it reassuring to have this little nest egg quietly growing with zero effort on my part. Brilliant!
Developer Response ,
HI Claire, thanks for the in-depth review and kind words! We're so happy you're enjoying investing with us. If you have any questions or suggestions for the team you can reach us via the in-app chat or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great UI, transparent and clear
A very friendly approach to investment, making it very easy to start saving and building a folio.
It is all made very clear in the app, from set up to managing your regular contributions.
The people who manage the app make sure to keep you informed through announcements and messages to help you understand the volatility of the market and how it may affect your investment, as well as providing sound advice.
My only suggestion to the development team would be to display a more meaningful graph than the current one in the “investment” tab. Seeing how much money you’ve put in over time is not as interesting as knowing how well it’s been doing.
If you add a second line on the graph to illustrate the growth of the investment compared to your contributions over time, I think it would make better use of visual data.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review the app in such detail! We're constantly looking to improve the app so all user feedback is invaluable :)
We're definitely with you on the Investments tab and agree there could be some improvements. As luck would have it, it's top of our list for the coming months and we'll be slowly adding in more and more detail to the tab itself. Feel free to get in touch with the in-app chat team in Settings>Help with any further feedback!
Thanks again and happy investing!
The interface is nice, debiting is a pain
I like the app itself and it certainly is a good way of saving. I had no issue with the investing side as I felt they really explain how it might vary and go up and down etc.
However I have decided to withdraw now for two reasons. Firstly it kept dropping the connection to my bank account which was a pain. Secondly the debiting took far too long and it was really easy to get confused as a result. I think this could work well for someone who is pretty laid back with their money, as they wouldn’t be keeping such a close eye on their account, but I budget very carefully and so found it annoying keeping up with when the money would actually come out of my bank account. When you compare this to something like the immediacy you have in Monzo for example, it seems painfully slow. I appreciate that the actual investing would take a while but not the debiting. Not for me as it is now I’m afraid.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! Our collections are done by Direct Debit on Wednesdays at midday, so we're limited by the Direct Debit timings. Hopefully in the future we will be able to speed up the collection process!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.