Turn your money into something greater with Moneybox.
Grow your money through investing with as little as £1, our simple starting options, and range of funds. Save for your first home with our market-leading Lifetime ISA, and get free Mortgage Advice when it’s time to buy. Find and combine your old pensions and build a retirement fund worth waiting for with the Moneybox Pension. All with award-winning customer support.
Choose from a range of accounts for every need
• We offer a Stocks and Shares ISA, Lifetime ISA, Junior ISAs, Personal Pension, Savings accounts and more to help you turn your money into something greater.
• You can also plan for your future with tools such as our popular Lifetime ISA Calculator, ISA Time Machine and more.
Make saving and investing part of your everyday life
• Start saving, automatically: Set up a regular weekly deposit, a monthly payday boost, or round up your everyday card purchases to the nearest pound and save or invest the spare change e.g. when you buy a coffee for £2.40, you can choose to ‘round up’ to £3 and set aside the 60p change. You can also make one-off deposits whenever you like.
Grow your money through investing
• We've worked with experts to put together three simple starting options – cautious, balanced and adventurous. All you need to do is pick one!
• The option you choose determines how your savings are split between a range of tracker funds. Using these funds, you can invest into thousands of leading companies from around the world including Facebook, Netflix and Disney.
• This range of funds includes a socially responsible option. Our socially responsible global shares fund invests in a range of companies from across the developed global stock market but considers environmental, social and governance factors in its selection process.
• Your investments are held within a Stocks & Shares ISA, Stocks & Shares Lifetime ISA or General Investment Account (GIA). All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest.
Find and combine your old pensions
• We offer a Personal Pension to help you build a retirement fund worth waiting for. Our Pension Detectives are here to help you track down your old workplace pensions and combine them into one simple pot. T&Cs, pension and tax rules apply.
Buy your first home with our market-leading Cash Lifetime ISA and free Mortgage Advice
• Save up to £4,000 per year and get a 25% government bonus with a Cash Lifetime ISA. This means you can get up to £1,000 a year towards your first home.
• We also offer free Mortgage Advice when it’s time to buy. Browse over 90 lenders and find a mortgage that’s right for you.
• Government early withdrawal charge may apply to the Lifetime ISA.
• Moneybox Mortgage Advice is provided by Moneybox Mortgages Ltd. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up your mortgage repayments.
Trusted and transparent
• Moneybox is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with reference number 712935.
• Your savings and investments are covered by the UK government’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to a limit of £85,000 in the unlikely event that a fund provider is declared bankrupt.
• For our investment products, we charge just £1 a month and 0.45% of the value of your investments per year. There are fund provider costs of 012%-0.58%. To help you get started, we do not charge the subscription fee for the first three months.
• There are no account fees for our Cash Lifetime ISA.
• We use bank level 256-bit TLS encryption for all your personal information.
Ready to get started? Install Moneybox now.
We’ve been working on our tools & features, to make sure you have help at every step of your journey.
Ratings and Reviews
Not bad at all..
I’m the worst when it comes to saving, and I saw this app and thought I’d give it a go. I was putting away around £40 a week away and then started increasing it to £50 then £60 or even odd amounts like £62. Every week I started to see my savings increase, it’s now become a sort of routine where I check my Moneybox app to see how my savings are growing every other day/week. I have the simple saver account and you can only withdraw once per month, so to stop me from withdrawing for no reason or because I wanted to go shopping when I didn’t need too I now make sure I withdraw £1 every 1st of the month so then that’s my withdrawal limit done, no matter what I have to wait until the following month if I want to withdraw and by that time I’m ok money wise, I always only withdraw £1 as that’s the minimum I think on the 1st of every month. So I’m saving every single week and not taking large withdrawals because I make sure I take that £1. It feels good to have money put away for anything in the future and it sort of gives you a good feeling knowing you’re doing ok money wise. At first it seems hard to save, but as you see your savings grow it’s a great feeling. I feel my only concern is Moneybox does not have Metro Bank as one of the banks they work with when it comes to round ups which is a shame. But I’m hoping that will change in the future. Meanwhile I’m ok saving like this. Thank you Moneybox ❤️
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks very much for taking the time to leave your lovely 5* review! This is really great feedback for us to hear, and we're pleased to have you on board and saving with us! We'll be sure to pass your Metro Bank feature request on to our team, who are working on setting up connections with new bank partners.
I never usually leave reviews but just had to for this app. If you were never taught about finances and saving money growing up, this app is a life-saver. There’s no financial jargon, everything is explained simply, very rewarding and makes it fun to save money! The customer service team are amazing, you can ask them anything and they get back to you very quickly, offering a friendly and clear explanation, without making you feel stupid for asking. The only negative reviews I see here are because people couldn’t immediately withdraw money or had fees for early withdrawal, that’s standard for long term savings accounts, especially ISAs. If you need short term, emergency savings then get a savings account you can always access and withdraw from as much as you like, most banks offer these. This app is best for longer term savings and I can’t fault it for that! The ‘simple saver’ lets you withdraw once a month which I think is great, it prevents you from dipping into it too much. Only addition I would love to see is if it could show another total which shows the total savings including the pending income 😊
Developer Response ,
Hi there - Thank you so much for your kind words and 5* review. We have also flagged your suggestion with our product team to determine whether this is something that we can do going forward.
Poor user experience
After verifying my email nothing happened. Had to delete the app and log in to get started. Then, after opening a 32 notice account it configured itself with a £25 a week direct debit without my informed consent. I had only agreed to pay an initial £1 to open the account. I’m sure this sneaky behaviour breaks direct debit rules. I changed the weekly payment to £0 but then it tried to get me again. You have to edit “this week” otherwise it will still take £26 - that’s the £1 I agreed to plus £25 that I didn’t. After this experience I’m already thinking of closing the account and using a bank that doesn’t use deceptive tactics. Setting up a monthly deposit is not obvious enough and took me a while to find. You call a weekly deposit a “weekly deposit” but a monthly deposit is called a “payday boost”. Why not just call it a monthly deposit? There’s no way to send a payment, you have to configure a one off direct debit. Very slow and clunky way of going about things. I’m glad I didn’t open a LISA which I was planning to do as this app and bank are just not for me. Also when Night Shift is active the colours in the app don’t have enough contrast and cause eye strain. The app makes my phone run very hot and took me from 85% battery to 73% in just ten minutes! The icing on the cake is that Moneybox sent me a spam email this morning. I did NOT opt in to these.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we're sorry to see your 1* review. The amount debited each week is according to your app settings, which are set up by the account holder only. We would never automatically set up payments for customers. If you could please drop us a DM with your email address, we'll investigate this for you ASAP. We'll also be able to take a look into this email for you, and let you know when you signed up for our marketing emails.
We really appreciate your feedback on our app design, and general user experience, as this is something we're always working on improving. We'll be sure to pass it over to the relevant team.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Digital Moneybox Limited
- 103.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Digital Moneybox Ltd