Welcome to Monzo, the award-winning bank that makes managing your money easy.
Monzo will change how you feel about banking. Spend, save and manage your money, all in one place, with the Monzo app.
Apply today for a personal or business bank account today. Ts&Cs apply, UK residents only.
• Over 8m customers bank with Monzo in the UK so they can manage their money, make payments and start budgeting
• Voted Best Banking App at the 2023 British Bank Awards
• Award-winning support team
• Move your bank account to Monzo easily with the Current Account Switch Service switch guarantee
MONZO PUTS YOU IN CONTROL OF HOW MUCH MONEY YOU’RE SPENDING
With Monzo, you can track your spending, grow your savings and be in control of your money.
• Get instant notifications when money comes in and out of your account
• Watch your spending trends
• Set goals with spending targets
• Set up alerts to help with your spending goals
• Schedule your bills or regular monthly payments and manage subscriptions
• Get paid a day early if your salary is paid via Bacs
• Travel with fee-free payments and a fair exchange rate
MONZO HELPS YOU SAVE
• Create personalised Pots to put money aside for anything you'd like and keep your savings separate from your main bank account
• Turn your spare change into savings with automatic roundups
• Earn interest on your money with Savings Pots
• Must have a Monzo current account to access savings
MONZO MAKES GROUP SPENDING EASY
• Split bills or set up Shared Tabs for ongoing expenses
• Settle individual bills as you go, or keep the Shared Tab running
• Easily request money or make payments with a link (Limits apply, £500 for requesting money and £250 for making payments with a link)
MONZO NOW DOES INVESTMENTS
• Choose from 3 investment options based on the level of risk you’re happy with
• Start with as little as £1
• Grow your investing know-how with bitesized topics on investing essentials
• The value of your investments may go up or down. You could get back less than you put in.
AWARD-WINNING MONZO FLEX CREDIT CARD
Monzo Flex is a credit card you can count on. It gives you real-time balance updates, a credit limit up to £3,000 and a 0% offer you can use time and time again.
Monzo Flex was voted Best Credit Card Provider at the 2023 British Bank Awards.
• Protect eligible purchases made with the Flex Credit Card with Section 75 Protection
• Apply from your Monzo bank account. Eligibility criteria and Ts&Cs apply. 18+ year olds only. Not keeping up with payments may negatively impact your credit score.
• Representative example: £1200 credit limit. 29% APR representative (variable). 29% yearly interest (variable).
MONZO BUSINESS - IT JUST WORKS, SO YOU CAN TOO
• Monzo Business Banking helps small businesses stay on top of their finances.
• Make international payments from your bank account (powered by Wise, fees apply)
• Manage money for your business with no monthly fee or go Business Pro for £5 per month with automatic Tax Pots, integrated accounting, multi-user access for limited companies, invoicing and more.
• Only sole traders and limited company directors in the UK can apply. Get Tax Pots with Monzo Business Pro for £5 a month. Ts&Cs apply.
Your eligible deposits in Monzo are protected by The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) up to a value of £85,000 per person.
Registered address: Broadwalk House, 5 Appold St, London EC2A 2AG
"Nothing" is a song by English rock band A, released as the first single from their third album Hi-Fi Serious. Nothing is also what we have in the way of updates, it's been a week of bug fixes and general maintenance.
Ratings and Reviews
I originally saw people paying with Monzo when I used to work in retail. I’ve been with Monzo for over 2 years now. They are by far the best Bank I have had dealings with, you can see the time and effort that goes into this online bank and I am 100% sure others like me really appreciate how simple and easy going this bank is.
The reason why I’m writing this review is because they recently temporarily blocked my account for unusual activities, which can be distressing to see however I have done the same sort of transactions with my other bank accounts and not one of them flagged that as suspicious. Which weirdly enough doesn’t give me much confidence in holding my funds in those other accounts. The whole process of Monzo blocking my account didn’t really scare me or cause me much distress as they directed me towards a blog which gave me all the information on what I need to know and it gave me a peace of mind. Before I knew it they updated me through the app, telling me they have completed their checks and I can proceed to use my account again.
thank you very much Monzo
I’ve been with Monzo for several years now and while I generally find the app to be good and feature wise, ahead of the curve compared to the big banks, it’s just not reliable enough. There have been several occasions where the app has just stopped working for no apparent reason, requiring a complete reinstall to get working again. Today was the worst yet. I have just endured through a panic stricken 15 minutes trying to withdraw money from a savings account only to be repeatedly presented with “time-out” messages, and similar error messages in other parts of the app. Absolutely nothing in the app was working at all, not even the help section, so it was impossible for me to contact support. Logging out caused the app to crash and I was then unable to log back in. Alternative methods of contact are not shown anywhere and the help section on the website is useless, blaming my internet connection or email account (which are both working perfectly). Deleting the app and reinstalling it fixed the issue but I would not have known to do this, and would have had no way to find out, had I not been previously told to do so last time something went wrong. I’m going to switch I think, once I’ve emptied my savings account. For a bank that operates ENTIRELY within an app, even occasional episodes such as this are totally intolerable, especially if I’m going to be cut off from support at the exact time that I need my money.
Great bank that is gradually getting worse.
I’ve loved Monzo and have been using it as my main bank account since my Beta account became a current account for it’s amazing instant transactions, ease of use with friends, customer support chat, and great international rates while feeling like quite a real bank. However, as time goes on I have seen Monzo evolve to include ridiculous offers of the premium service which really doesn’t feel like you’re getting anything good for the money with incredibly low interest offering, features that you can get for free elsewhere, and ‘exclusive deals’ that feel like Monzo were paid to include and are definitely far from exclusive to Monzo premium. With premium it also makes the general current account feel very cheap as the app constantly reminding you to go premium, especially with the year in Monzo review. It is very off putting. On top of this, Monzo bringing in limited free card replacements (or none and limited cash withdrawals of you don’t meet a certain criteria) makes Monzo a bank I really no longer can recommend (after convincing 15-20 people to join). This is the only notable bank I know which charge for card replacements, and charges for cash deposits. Now I can only recommend, and am even considering switching to either Starling Bank, which hasn’t got any of these issues mentioned, or to just opt for a high street bank which I would have never thought to recommend.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Monzo Bank Limited
- 416.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Monzo Bank Limited 2023
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.