Stay on track with the free National Rail Enquiries App, Great Britain’s number one destination for train timetables and travel information. Get live train times and cheap tickets from all the major train line operators.
National Rail Enquiries lets you plan, book and keep up to date with all your train travel in one easy app. Manage your journeys across the Great Britain train network with My Travel, plan new routes with our comprehensive journey planner and receive real time travel updates. Personalised to you, you can check timetables, set up travel alerts, find out about disruptions fast, track your train and save your favourite journeys. You can also search for cheap train tickets.
• Click to buy tickets - We link you directly to the train operator so you can find the cheapest fares. No booking or credit card fees.
• My Travel – Set up personalised travel updates. Save your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train departure home and get relevant live updates from across the network at a glance.
• Journey Planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information and track the progress of trains and as well as being alerted to disruptions on the line along your route.
• Live Train Times - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station in Great Britain.
• Progress Tracking - Find out exactly where a train is along a route, from A to B and everything in between.
• Watch a Train - Pin a train to My Travel to watch its progress across the network with a single tap.
• Real Time Push Notifications - Get timetable disruption alerts sent straight to your phone or watch as they happen.
• Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination.
• London Underground and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations.
• Taking you from A to B, put in a postcode and get the best route planner to the nearest station
• Alert Me - Get notified of your next train, its platform number and any known delays as you approach your departure station
Apple Watch integration:
National Rail Enquiries also offers an Apple Watch app which syncs with your smartphone. At a glance, learn about any disruption to your travel plans and view all the critical travel info you require, now from the convenience of your wrist.
• Up-to-the-minute updates on your favourite journeys.
• View live departure information for the station you select, or activate the GPS to access details of stations on lines nearest to you.
• View your recent live trains on your watch for live departure information on the move.
• Receive notifications of any timetable delays to network rail services.
(The Apple Watch is compatible with iPhone 5 and above)
National Rail Enquiries gives you live times and all the journey planner information you need about fares so you can buy cheap tickets for all journeys with the major train line operators across Great Britain:
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
Great Western Railway
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
Find all the information you need about train fares and times then buy the cheapest tickets fast. Enhance your train travel experience - Download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
In this release we have updated webview to comply with Apple’s guidelines plus general bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why no fullscreen
If the app developer could be bothered to design the app so that it is full screen on an iPhone 11 then I suspect I would find it more accessible and willing to pay the £5 for.
I am visually impaired, and whereas the overall look and feel is quite good for me, the fact that we have had larger screens since the Iphone 5 for over 7 years but the app size has not changed (and so has black bars at the top and bottom) is infuriating - it smacks is a level of arrogance that they can’t be bothered. All the other train apps do it so why can’t they!!!
Oh and au see that the App Developer link goes through to the National Enquiries page so you can’t actually contact them directly, nor do they seem to respond to feedback on here. Staggering
Fine app, horribly integrated
I tried to book on GWR, where the app automatically brought me. It kicked me back to the home page four times before I could buy a ticket. The app is designed like a trap (“continue” buttons that are blanked out when you have to press them, “done” buttons that return you to the homepage, 4 CAPTCHAs every time you try to buy a ticket, etc etc). Despite ticking the “remember my preferences” button on each of my 4 attempts, the app stubbornly forget each time. I will forever happily pay Trainline’s £1 booking fee, as this app is taking years off my life.
Should be much better
So the developer brags a new station has been added with this update, so why didn’t they bother to add Kirkstall Forge station (reopened 2016) or Low Moor station (reopened 2017) to the data at the same time! It seems incredible that this is Britain’s official rail travel app when a rival app (powered by National Rail Enquiries) actually finds these stations! It is good that this app displays ticket prices if you can find your station that is. Would be nice if we could also have a “direct trains only” choice added to the “via” and “avoid” options.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Train Information Services Limited
- 37.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Train Information Services Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free version £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.