Patient Access connects you to healthcare services when you need them most. Book GP appointments, order repeat prescriptions and explore your local pharmacy services.
NEW: You can now create a Patient Access account without linking to your UK GP practice and enjoy the following features:
• If you’re feeling under the weather, search for symptoms and find patient information articles
• Self-refer to NHS services such as talking therapies, sexual health, antenatal care and drug and alcohol addiction services
• Choose from over 30 services provided by your local community pharmacy and book in the app
• Access and read medical advice and healthy living tips from the experts
• Sign in quickly, easily and securely with Touch or Face ID
• Swiftly check if you can link to your GP
If you are able to link your Patient Access account to your GP practice, you can also get access to the following features where they are made available by your practice:
• Book face-to-face or remote online appointments with your GP, nurse or clinician at a time that suits you
• Request repeat prescriptions online, with convenient delivery to your preferred pharmacy
• View your medical record, including test results, immunisations and allergies
• Securely share your medical record with healthcare professionals of your choosing, without the need to contact your practice
• Look after your loved ones and act on their behalf to book appointments and repeat prescriptions
• Message your GP directly from within Patient Access at home or on the move
• Where your practice has enabled it, book a remote video consultation with your GP, nurse or clinician
You must be a registered patient at a participating practice to use the GP-linked features in Patient Access.
This release includes various enhancements and bug fixes:
• Multiple enhancements around remote appointments booking experience based on user feedback.
• Introduced filtering of the care providers based on appointment types available.
• Enhancements around video appointments for certain services.
• Design improvements around categorisation of services provided at GP practices and other providers.
• Ability to notify and support users to complete a booking journey.
• Design changes to support multiple cards and banners on home page.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but needs adjustments to functioning.
Patients Access used to be excellent when I could use it from the website. Since the website was ditched and it can only be accessed through this app. the functionality has been affected and not for the better. The poor formatting means I can't see my medication history anymore on my iPad. Moving from the Home Page to retrieve more information is no longer clear and easy as with the previous website. It is so disappointing that Patients Access is no longer excellent like it used to be. Someone needs to look at improving the functionality of the app. for iPad users or re-open the former website.
UPDATE: 16 August 2019. I have now purchased an Apple iPad6 to replace my old iPad2 which was eight years old. The functionality issues I was experiencing with my iPad2 have now been resolved using my new iPad6. Patient Access is a much better experience now.
The only thing I'd like changing is that the Log Out is on the Home Screen and much more prominent. At the moment, the only way to find it is to press 'More' at the bottom of the page which is odd.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear this, please do email your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be able to assist you.
I use this app regularly to request repeat prescriptions, to track the progress of the requests, and to occasionally make non-urgent appointments.
I find it extremely helpful to just open the app and make my request rather than hunt around for the repeat scrip part of my last prescription or dig out pen and paper and compose a letter to my doctor. And then post or hand deliver it, yawn, such a tedious lot of faffing about!
With the app I make the request in just a few minutes at any time of the day or night, check on it some time later (I usually leave it best part of 24hours to give the doc time to do it) then pootle up the road to my local nominated pharmacy to collect my items. Simple, easy, straightforward! And the icing on the cake is that I can include a message with my request if I want to. I usually just say “thank you” but have also used the facility to ask advice or give a quick update, which has been useful and I’ve had good response from my GP. I don’t put anything sensitive or confidential in the message as I’m not sure whether non-medical surgery staff can see the messages, I just assume that they can.
I give it 4 stars rather then 5 only because it’s still in development. I can see that it would be useful for parents to be able to use the app for their children, or for a spouse to use it for their ill partner but I gather that this facility is about to be introduced.
I’m not really a reviewer, this is my first review of any app, but I thought it is needed as the last few I just read have been so negative,
I’ve used this patient access app for a few years now, personally I didn’t need my medical records available on her but others possibly do, I only use it for making appointments or just ordering repeat prescriptions, it syncs appointments with my calendar on my phone too, it’s worked fantastically for my use, I miss how you could trace back in the app how long you’ve taken a particular medications as I thought it’s handy without taking up the GPs time, I leave messages for the pharmacy for delivery instructions when needed, as a parent I would like to be able to make appointments for my children on my app too but still have to call the GP practice for them yet.
All in all a brilliant app good work.
- EGTON MEDICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM LIMITED
- 164.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 Patient Platform Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.