Places Tracker formally Places Locker.
Places Tracker, created by Places Leisure, is your new physical activity partner. Track your daily activity, convert it into MOVES and keep inspired and motivated to do more through our extensive list of training programmes and challenges. Places Leisure is a social enterprise working in partnership with local authorities and with a mission to create active places and healthy people. We also manage leisure centres and gyms throughout the UK. But if you don’t have a centre near you, don’t worry, you can still use the app and enjoy many of its benefits.
• TRAINING: With over 300 programmes, our app knows where you are and will tailor a programme to the equipment available at your home site, or wherever you may be. Choose your goals and the amount of time you want to train for. Let Places Tracker do the rest!
• MOTIVATION: Stay motivated and keep your exercise varied by changing your programme regularly, taking part in our challenges, sharing your workouts with friends or trying a new class. Book classes and other activities at your nearest Places Leisure Centre directly through the app.
• OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: Keep track of your outdoor activities directly via Places Tracker or automatically sync the data you have stored in other apps such as Apple Health, Swimtag, Strava, MapMyRun, Garmin, Polar, Fitbit and more.
• FUN: With regular challenges on offer, use Places Tracker to take your workouts to the next level. See how you compare to other users
• BODY MEASUREMENTS: Keep track of your measurements (weight, body fat, etc.) and check your progress over time.
Optimizations and bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Unreliable, slow and cumbersome
2021 update. This app is still hopeless two years on. Painfully slow to load, it randomly logs me out for no discernible reason and a couple of weeks ago introduced yet another step that slows down booking still further as it forces you to scroll down before you can confirm. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen the logon screen messages and selected don’t show me again and still I see the messages every. Single. Time. It’s absolutely dire and not fit for purpose.
This app is the bane of my life. It’s unreliable, frequently down and even when it does function, it’s long winded and cumbersome to use. Unfortunately, booking two weeks in advance is the only way of getting into classes that are always massively over subscribed so every day I have to waste time refreshing the app, logging in and out again and waiting for the page to load. It’s supposed to be a useful tool not a hurdle to get over each day. Sort it out.
This app is beyond a joke now how can you get it wrong so many times? One minute it is running fine the next nothing there are classes with limited space and when fully booked they disappear which is not a bad thing but when someone cancels the space doesn’t always show up. I have been on classes that are fully booked but when it’s time to start 2 or 3 out of 5 turn up it’s a joke when there are people who have been checking incase there has been a cancellation. The reviews on here are less than favourable but yet no update for the app don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing because it will probably still be pants afterwards. It’s also not fair on the staff at the center because they have people upset with them because they haven’t been able to book/ cancel a class because either they can’t Log on because it’s saying their details are wrong when they aren’t or you just get a blank screen when trying to access member area it’s beyond a joke and you really need to sort it out. People are actually cancelling their membership because of this app just hope it doesn’t affect the leisure center too much because I for one don’t want to have to see it close because loads of people ending their membership because of your shoddy app!
Never been the most reliable of apps and making a booking can be a major headache as it constantly forgets your user details and preferences, randomly only shows half the classes available and seems to lose bookings it confirmed. However it’s has surpassed itself in being completely useless over the last two months and impossible to use. After being unavailable for a number of weeks it now seems to struggle with the concept of a calendar and won’t offer anything other than the current date. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app let’s you use it once before the problem repeats itself.
It’s only got a 1 star rating because couldnt leave a review without. Should have a big fat minus review.
Gets a big fat minus for support as well, never get any response to feedback when there are problems. Staff at the local centre are left to deal with the complaints as there is no direct support facility.
No idea how this app got through the Apple review process to be released
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PLACES FOR PEOPLE LEISURE MANAGEMENT LTD.
- 298.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Technogym SpA