Discover audio stories that entertain, inform, and inspire. Explore shows you’ll love from entertainment and comedy to news and sports.
• Stream millions of shows, from the biggest names to the best independents.
• Access premium shows with subscriptions.
• Follow shows and save your favorite episodes to your library.
• Play offline and listen anywhere, data-free.
• Find all the shows from your favorite creators in one place with channels.
• Continue listening on all your Apple devices and see your latest episodes in Listen Now.
• Easily discover new shows through expert curation and personalized recommendations.
Ratings and Reviews
The app has been historically solid, but since the last update it clears my playlist whenever I finish playing podcasts and put it on the charging dock - be that when I arrive at work or go to sleep.
I love the way the app syncs with my iWatch and hands off between devices. The layout is simple but clean, and updates to my favourites are gone seamlessly.
Very occasionally I’ll open the app to find my playlist has gone and been replaced by a string of a podcast series I’ve already played, and when I restore my list manually I can clear all the interlopers except the last one.
So mainly good, but with some irritating oddities.
Great App But
One of the reasons why I never used the Podcast app until recently with the addition of Paid Subscriptions, was the lack of a Trim Silence option that, AFAIK, every other third-party podcast app has, and which is far, far more better than just simply setting the podcast to play at a rate faster than 1x speed. It Apple would introduce this feature, I’d use the Apple Podcast app over any other podcast app out there.
Sadly getting worse
This has been my podcast app for years but I’m finally switching to another. Each iteration has made it more complicated and less reliable. The current version under IOS 15 is virtually unusable. As others have said, every time you stop using it, the app now deletes your playlist and replaces it with a history of episodes from the show you were last listening to. Again and again… I can’t understand how or why Apple let this out of the door. I’m sorry but it is utterly appalling, which is a shame as it was once such a seamless experience.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.