The official app for Post Office Travel Money Card and Travel Insurance. Order your multi-currency card, use the app to top up, check the latest exchange rates and keep track of your spending. You can also buy Travel Insurance for you or your whole family, and view all of your Post Office Travel Insurance policies in the app.
Get your card today by ordering one in the app or by visiting your nearest Post Office.
TRAVEL MONEY CARD
- Prepaid Mastercard® contactless card means simple, easy payments without transaction fees
- Withdraw cash from over two million ATMs worldwide
- Accepted in 36million locations in over 200 countries
- Report lost or stolen cards and we’ll send a new one to your home or holiday address
- 24-hour UK-based call centre for help or emergency assistance
MANAGE YOUR CARD WITH THE APP
- Purchase cards and activate them in-app, wherever you are
- View your PIN using our secure, safe, instantaneous service
- Top up your Travel Money Card anywhere in the world, choosing from 13 currencies
- Exchange between any of our 13 currencies using our wallet transfer feature
- Check exchange rates with our currency converter
- Check your balance
- View and track your recent transactions
- Freeze your card, which blocks any spend activity instantly
GET A QUOTE AND BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE
- Get a quote, purchase and amend your Travel Insurance in app
- Tailor your policy to suit you with optional add-ons
- View and download your policy documents any time
- Link an existing Post Office Travel Insurance policy to your app
- Renew and amend annual-multi trip policies
ATM AND BRANCH LOCATOR
- Locate your nearest cash machine anywhere in the world
- Find a Post Office branch near you
- Book parking at 60 domestic airports
- Find a great deal at airport hotels
- Check-in to lounges at 100+ airports
- Hire a car with leading brands in over 60,000 locations
- Get to your holiday accommodation in comfort with airport transfers
- Fly through security with a fast pass at 11 UK airports
GETTING STARTED WITH POST OFFICE TRAVEL
1. Download the app
2. Register through our 2-step verification process
3. Get going: Order and link your card. View your balance, top-up, pick your travel insurance and relax, Post Office will take care of the rest!
Post Office Travel Money Card is an electronic money product issued by First Rate Exchange Services Ltd pursuant to license by Mastercard International. First Rate Exchange Services Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with number 4287490 whose registered office is Great West House, Great West Road, Brentford, TW8 9DF, (Financial Services Register No. 900412). Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated
*For full terms and conditions visit https://postoffice.travelmoneyonline.co.uk/money-exchange-rate/terms-and-condition
You spoke, we listened. Introducing four new features designed to give you more control of your card!
1. Wallet Transfers – globetrotters can now transfer money across our thirteen different currencies!
2. Freeze card – lost, stolen or misplaced your card? Block all card spend on-the-go.
3. Activate card – say goodbye to phone calls and access codes. Activate your card in app.
4. Show PIN – haven’t used your card since your last holiday? We’ve got you covered with our new ‘show PIN’ feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank You Post Office
Local main clearing bank closed its branch. Called into the post office for some euro as the rate was in line and it was convenient accessible and handy and I was in a hurry. The staff were friendly, practical, product knowledgeable and the advice, service and overall helpfulness was first rate. I’m currently overseas and have used my card without problem; I have topped up using the app, again with no apparent problem. I don’t have the worry of carrying a lot of cash or suffering retailer ripoff rate charges. So overall a great service. Thank you Post Office, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire.
PS. I’m an older less tech savvy person so I would recommend this travel aide to all ages.
Developer Response ,
Thanks very much for your review. Hope you had an amazing break
Nice tidy APP
Nice tidy app and easy to get travel insurance quotes, even with pre existing medical conditions. l can also view my Travel Money Cards that I have with the Post Office, it conveniently allows me to Top Up the cards with extra foreign currency, 12 different currencies available 24hrs a day, and I can do this wherever I am in the world, I can also view all my recent transactions. One thing I am sure it will be updated shortly with is that currently the APP defaults to display one of my Travel Money Cards that was previously reported lost, ideally the APP should default to show my “live” card and not the lost one, to view my live card I have to select it from the drop down menu.
Love this card used it both in Italy and America. Had no problems and every where accepted it. It makes it so much easier paying in the actual currency of the country your visiting. To be honest I have used it to get cash and mainly use it to pay hotel bills or paying for goods. The nice thing is that a quick call can top it up or convert it to another currency in the country you are living in at the time. It’s also useful to help save for a holiday by being able to pop into the post office or using your bank card to build up your spending money. Great little tool for travelling.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.