Download now to receive the latest updates about your school’s life. Use this app to view the latest school news, events and more, all updated regularly and available at your fingertips.
App features include:
• Video Calling*, allowing parents to contact teachers for video and audio calls.
• Messaging System*, allowing for two-way school and parent communications.
• Notifications, allowing you to stay connected with school life.
• Newsfeed, receive the latest school news stories direct to your device.
• Calendar view, to quickly see the latest events.
• Newsletters downloaded directly to your device.
• Galleries shared from the website to showcase school life.
• Maps to school locations, useful for sports competitions at other sites.
• Contact information, including one-touch dialling and emails.
• Notices about important issues, such as school closures.
• Links to useful websites selected by the school.
* Please note Video Calling and Messaging features require school participation.
This application is built by Webanywhere Ltd and is part of the School Jotter suite of products. To find out more visit https://www.schooljotter.com or call Webanywhere on 0113 320 0750.
Incoming video calls now alert you with a ringtone
You can now switch cameras
Improved video calls performance
Fixed bugs within video calls
Improved badges, so it is even easier to see alerts
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Happy parent 101
It’s great to have such better communication from school and they seem to find it easier, I believe I can set up to only hear about my sons ear group but as yet I’ve not figured this bit out yet, this would make it much better for me
Useful, when it works
I find this app incredibly useful and much prefer it to trying to keep track of endless school emails. However I find it very glitchy. It works for several weeks, then suddenly it loses all newsletters and other info. This has happened several times now and I’ve been left with nothing but 2 old letters dated in 2017, for no apparent reason. I had to uninstall then reinstall the app, and wait another week for anything recent to appear on the dashboard. I would rate the app more highly if it wasn’t for this recurring issue.
Still no ability to rotate PDF documents.
The one thing this app does (apart from display short notes) is serve up PDF documents to read. The viewer doesn’t handle rotation, so on anything smaller than the largest tablet-sized phones the documents are going to be too small to read unless zoomed into and scrolled left and right to read each and every line.
It’s not hard to provide this ability (without exception every other app I have that can open PDFs can do this), but this app can’t, and also can’t hand the PDFs off to a more capable app.
Developer Response ,
Hello Computerguy7771, If you update to the latest version of the app (2.12.3), you are now able to rotate the PDF documents within the app.
The School Jotter Team
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.