Using the Smart Pianist app, everyone can enjoy the Piano more.
The Smart Pianist is a special app that provides a variety of music-related functionality when connected to a compatible instrument.
1. Easy Voice selection and Easy settings
In addition to selecting piano voices, you can use Smart Pianist to adjust parameters such as reverberation and other factors that affect the sound of the piano.
2. Backing band accompaniment that you can sing along with (CSP Series only)
Enjoy accompaniment from a dynamic backing band, even when you’re playing by yourself.
3. A variety of piano lesson pieces
You can play back song data such as Preset songs and commercially available songs.
4. Play your favorite songs right away with the “Audio To Score” function (CSP Series only)
Smart Pianist features an ""Audio To Score"" function that automatically creates a piano accompaniment score from songs on your smart device, allowing you to enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes.
5. Play your favorite songs right away with chord progression
*If you are using iPad pro 12.9 inch 3rd generation or iPad pro 11 inch, please use Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or Apple USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter.
minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but, need more for CVP users.
Rather then adding other instruments, should concentrate on improving the interface (less jumping from page to page) and adding features for CVP users who can’t do without this app.
As an interface for a digital piano this is excellent. Gone are the confusing buttons and small screen on the piano and instead you have a lovely, neat piano and an iPad app to control the instrument.
There are plenty of reviews about so I won’t go into detail but I will mention the audio to score function. This allows you to load songs from your iTunes and then produce chords and guitar tabs. Although not perfect it does produce accurately enough to allow you to figure out the tune even if some of the chords are a not off here and there. The biggest problem with this though is that it will only analyse songs that you have bought and not ones downloaded through Apple Music.
The other slight downside is that although the app is free you do have to spend a couple of thousand on a compatible clavinova 😁
Great app if connection is stable
I think this app is great except 2 problems.
1. Connection. My piano is YDP164 which does not support Bluetooth so I have to buy a separate connection cable from eBay(weird they don’t sell it as parts on the official website). In the first few days the connection is smooth and no hassle but then all of a sudden the app can’t find the piano. I tried my phone, my iPad, my hubby’s phone and none worked!
2. Adding songs is difficult because it only supports link to iTunes Store or songs physically stored in your phone. It doesn’t support Apple Music or pandora. This is such a draw back because cloud music is everywhere now.
Hope the developer can see this review and release a new version soon!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Yamaha Corporation
- 510.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Yamaha Corporation
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.