Be inspired every day with art you’ll love. Smartify is the ultimate cultural travel app: find places to visit near you and get audio tours to help guide your way.
What you’ll love about Smartify:
- Hundreds of museums, art galleries, historic places and more, all in one app
- Audio tours, guides and videos: learn about art and hear amazing stories
- Scan paintings, sculptures and objects to reveal what you’re looking at
- Plan your visit: book tickets, get maps and never miss a must-see exhibition
- Build your personal collection and get ideas for what to see next
- Shop art gifts, books and prints from museum shops around the world
- Support museums! Every in-app purchase helps cultural venues care for and share their collections.
Smartify is a social enterprise. Our mission is to connect audiences worldwide with incredible art collections through innovative technology and storytelling. We believe nothing beats the physical experience of visiting a museum and want to make it easy to discover, remember and share art. If you’re inspired by our work, get in touch: email@example.com. Please note that we partner with museums to protect artist copyright and we’re not able to identify every artwork.
Location: used to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
Camera: used to recognise artworks and provide related information about them
We'll stop bugging you with this bug fix update!
Ratings and Reviews
Shazam for pictures
Excellent app. Never found the caption s in galleries easy to read.
Came across an error in the National Gallery in Edinbugh. Pictures and captions mixed up, so you need to check it’s describing the correct picture.
Put your phone away
Just saw someone using this in a gallery. They were literally in front of amazing artwork -- staring at their phone screen. Everyone around was rolling their eyes as this person proceeded to strafe around the artwork, standing on people's feet, to rotate the virtual view. Don't be that person.
By all means look up more information about art but do it before/after taking in the art first-hand. And definitely don't look up information with your phone up in the air whilst stood infront a crowd of people trying to crane around you. I've never seen anything so pathetic.
Now to Devs: list which museums are covered in the app in the App Store description to save wasting people's time.
Used this recently for an audio tour of an exhibition. Whilst the content, narrated by the artist, was great, the app was painful to use. When you go to the playlist to select a track for an artwork, auto play is enabled. So it will start playing the next track which might be for artwork in a different room. Auto play is re-enabled every time, overriding your preference. But worst of all, the audio stops playing when your screen auto locks. You have to constantly unlock your screen and resume playback. That’s a complete fail for an audio tour!
Developer Response ,
Hi IT Troll, thank you for the feedback. We agree and have made sure that the auto play is now disabled by default. You should now also be able to lock your screen!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SMARTIFY CIC
- 38.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023 SMARTIFY C.I.C.
- In-App Purchases
- Highlights of the NPG £0.99
- Rijksmuseum Highlights £0.99
- Masterpieces of the Louvre £1.99
- Vienna around 1900 £2.99
- Rembrand at the Rijksmuseum £0.99
- Viva Venezia! £1.99
- Lovis Corinth £2.99
- Highlights of The Met £1.99
- The Age of Dürer £1.99
- William Shakespeare (NPG 1) £0.99