Just bought your Ticker insurance? Download the app to pair with your box via Bluetooth.
You can also log in to the app before your box arrives to check your insurance documents and take a look around.
Once your phone is paired with your box, everything to do with your insurance will happen in the app.
- Weekly updates on your driving and the mileage you’re doing
- All your insurance documents are stored in the app and automatically updated if you make a change to your policy
- If you need help with anything, just start a chat in the app
- All our contact details are in the app – just tap to call, email or talk to us about a claim
- If you’re ever at the side of the road after a crash, hit the 'Had a crash' button on your app dashboard to speak to our 24/7 claims team
- At renewal, your quote will be in the app
This release gives drivers more help when something’s gone wrong.
- New error screens
- Easier Ticker box reconnection if a new policy is needed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great concept in theory, a battery hog in reality.
The Ticker app has many good points, a simple easy to use interface that shows your mileage and driving status, helpful and friendly advisors and all your insurance documents in once place.
However, these are all overshadowed by one large issue, battery usage. I’m not sure if this is completely to do with Ticker or Apple but the app requires ‘Always’ access to your location to track speed and driving style (something I thought the box would do? Then relay back via Bluetooth to your phone?) and background app refresh. The combination of these two means the after I’ve driven my car, if I don’t restart my phone every time, the app runs in the background until I do. This has caused my phone to run low on battery many times and I just don’t think any insurance policy that basically tethers you to charger or forces you to restart your phone once you have driven your car is worth it.
I don’t see myself renewing my policy in October with Ticker.
Edit 03/08/2020: Ticker are still investigating this, but no resolution as of yet, the battery of my phone has gone from 95% original capacity to 90% in three months, all due to this app. I’ve had the phone since November 2018.
Developer Response ,
Hi James. Thanks for your feedback. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience with the app. The impact on your battery doesn’t sound right at all. We’ve looked into this, so if you’re able to start a chat with us in the app or at ticker.co.uk and send a pic of your battery usage screen, we can go through it with you. Thanks, Ticker
Nice and simple to use however it drains my battery life
Ticker great insurance
Brilliant app very easy to pair with ticker box
- Ticker Limited
- 43.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Ticker Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.