Watchsmith lets you personalize your Apple Watch like never before.
It starts with a wide collection of highly customizable complications, which range in function from date, to weather, to astronomy. Each can be adjusted precisely to best fit your desired function and appearance.
This set of complications can then be dynamically scheduled to appear on your watch face following rules you define. For example, a particular complication slot could show the weather first thing in the morning, then your calendar during your work day, then switch to your Activity ring progress as you wrap up your day. This lets you take full advantage of each slot on your watch face without the need to constantly switch back and forth between faces.
The Apple Watch app itself also includes a wide collection of tools and functions, such as a weather app, a workout app, a timezone converter, games and a calendar. Watchsmith provides one tap access to what you need, right when you need it.
• Watchsmith is intended for use with a paired Apple Watch, which is where your configured complications will be displayed. It requires watchOS 7.
• Watchsmith optionally integrates with Apple Health. This data is used during workouts to display your workout metrics, to show a summary of your daily heart rate date, and your activity. Permission for Watchsmith to access this data is controlled through the Apple Health app.
• Watchsmith includes an optional premium subscription. This is offered on a monthly or annual basis. If you choose to purchase a subscription your payment will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
• Access to Tide and Weather hosted data is only available to Watchsmith Premium subscribers.
This update fixes:
- Situation where some of the dial views wouldn't load correctly
- Situation where weather data might not load for previously subscribed users
- Issue loading the Infograph Large configurator
- The Moon Phase complication was too light at the new moon.
Ratings and Reviews
Easily customise your watch face with helpful information
Brilliant functionality but pretty confusing at first
App works well and makes the Apple Watch more powerful by adding lots of new and useful complications. Only issue is the fact that it’s quite hard to figure out how it all works until you watch the tutorial (which for some reason is hidden in the settings and is not offered immediately on first launch). An interactive tutorial at the start would be even better than a video recording.
I feel compelled to write this as there seem to be a lot of very unfair negative reviews appearing. The fact is that this is a very clever idea but by its very nature is a complex thing to set up. However, once configured, it generally works very well.
Yes, there are probably a few bugs, and yes it does require a little perseverance and fiddling to suss out how to use it. But those that just install it and immediately dismiss it because it isn’t fully auto-configuring itself are not doing the app justice.
This is an app for those prepared to tinker. It isn’t massively intuitive and could do with some on screen pointers but a little patience would go a long way!
I work in app development and UX and although there is room for improvement, this has not been created by Apple or Microsoft and with David’s limited resources I think he has done an amazing job and deserves more support.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Cross Forward Consulting, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Watchsmith Premium (Monthly) £1.99
- Watchsmith Premium (Annual) £19.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.