Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Anyone eating at Wetherspoons knows the deal: hot, tasty pub-grub. So, with this in mind, these comments here are purely meant as constructive criticism - after all, no criticism, no learning, no improvement. Plus: they are just my opinion.
So, this is the first time I’ve put a review on this website, and the first time I’ve made an order from my mobile at the table:
1. I ordered a pint of IPA and a portion of chips with blue-cheese sauce. The app was very easy to use - all done in a moment - payment easy too, given I used Apple Pay and just needed my fingerprint to authorise.
2. The pint must’ve been pulled within seconds of my order arriving, as a waiter appeared at my table as if by magic! 😊
3. The chips and sauce were not far behind. Given I’d made the order from my table (raison d’etre: not to get up from table), I was surprised I wasn’t asked whether I wanted salt, and the waiter had gone before I put my thoughts together.
4. Although hot and crispy, I found the chips’ mushy centres unappealing. The blue-cheese sauce, although discernibly blue in flavour, so-to-speak, was vinegar-heavy. I was left wondering whether this was a pre-bottled sauce? conclusion: probably. Also the quantity of sauce was disappointing: 50pence for a heaped tbsp in a tiny tub-let??
5. The table was soon cleared away, yet no question asked regarding whether I’d enjoyed my snack.
6. Whole process: 37 minutes
Cuts out the waiting to be served
Easy , Fast and convienient . set up table number , order what you want , pay via apple pay which is so so easy . Food is then delivered to the table . The biggest advantage is not having to wait to be served . Ive been to many Weatherspoons which can get very busy especially weekends and evenings and had to fight my way to the bar and wait ages to be served. The disadvantage is if you order a refillable coffee or soft drink you still have to go and get this yourself which isnt great if your not expecting this , the other disadvantage is when ordering drinks you can’t for example add a dash of a mixer or order a shandy ,add ice and lemon , fix this problem and it would be perfect .Overall a very good app , I can see that Weatherspoons will be leading the way for many of the chain pubs and resteraunts to develop similar apps which will mean waiting service and bar staff jobs will be cut as a result . Good or Bad this will be the future of the hospitality industry .Next step will be intelligent tables with touch screens where you can order your food at the table , have it delivered by robot and a robot come and clear the table. Uncleared tables is one of the most annoying aspects of a visit to Weatherspoons.
Good app but took a while
This story begins on table number 9. I had heard whispers of an application which can be used to order food and beverages without the need to walk to the bar. Upon hearing this news I did ponder wether technology was going a little to far and it reminded me of visiting my grandparents when I was young. 1996 was the year I hadn’t seen them in a long while. I used to anticipate visiting my grandmother greatly as she would always make sure to greet me with a bag of bonbons. Gran unfortunately isn’t with us anymore but her spirit very much lives on. Gran had a cat called tinkles, we didn’t get on very well I think it was the scent of my own cat lingering on my fleece. I always forgot that pets you live with have their very own personal scent and when you spend a lot of time with them it’s easy to get what I believe is called “scent blind”. It was a rainy day, September 1998 I went to approach tinkles who was in her usual spot under the bed, purring away as usual. Maybe it was the purr that fooled me into thinking I could climb under the bed and stroke her but I was unfortunately met with a scratch right to the forehead. “Heck!” I screamed and scrambled out from under the bed. I did not order scrambled eggs I had mine fried. The breakfast was okay.
- J D Wetherspoon plc
- 39.5 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © J D Wetherspoon plc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.